So here's the story:
I'm a little dude, 5'10" and barely over a hundred pounds (and yes, i do eat, like a freakin cow.) so I need a guitar that wont dwarf me on stage. Obvious choices: SG, or a LP shaped guitar. SG's just arn't my thing. So I went into guitar center about a week ago, looking for Gibson Les Paul's and LTD EC-1000's. Played about 6 Gibson's and 2 LTD's. Found a used Gibson Studio on the wall for $599 and was really interested. Then I went to look at a couple PRS guitars and saw an Ibanez ART2EX1 on the wall and thought it looked pretty freakin nice. Picked it up, thought it was cool and felt awesome, and was fascinated by the truss rod cover (flips out so you dont have to unscrew it), and so I went and played it. And it blew the Gibson's and the LTD's out of the water. The thing is a comfort machine. Think the best of a Les Paul with the best of a EC-1000. The bridge sold me. TOM's always irritate my palm because of the saddles but this thing is....damn..sex on your palm. Plus it's wayyyyyy better looking in person than in any pics, especially the horrid website ones.

withought further ado:
MY KITCHEN TABLE!

oh and theres the guitar too.

sex bridge

Review:
It's a beast. Comfortable neck, and yes it's thicker, kind of PRSey. Tummy cut on back, very slight carve top which I love, very classy. The silver in the middle of the finish is actually like a metallic flake silver. Stays in tune well. Pickups are decent enough to do the alt rock stuff I got it for well. Balance is awesome. Weight is awesome (very light). Action..its an ibanez, nuff said. The bridge again is the best TOM i've ever played on. Inlays are real MOP and look amazing. Headstock inlays are MOP too. Stays in tune well, despite my beating on it.
One complaint: it has a plastic nut. Doesn't make it go out of tune just..wish it wasn't plastic.

Will probably replace the pickups, or atleast the bridge one.

Thanks!
wow man that thing looks incredible! i tend to think of the RG shape when i hear the name ibanez, but this one definitely caught my attention. im in LOVE with silverburst finished on LP body styles. it just doesnt get any better than that.

if i ever decide to buy a LP shaped guitar, ill definitely try and get my hands on one of these before i commit to an epi or agile.

btw your second photo reminded me of that fantastic four: rise of the silver surfer movie

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Thanks guys!

Quote by SYLrules88
wow man that thing looks incredible! i tend to think of the RG shape when i hear the name ibanez, but this one definitely caught my attention. im in LOVE with silverburst finished on LP body styles. it just doesnt get any better than that.

if i ever decide to buy a LP shaped guitar, ill definitely try and get my hands on one of these before i commit to an epi or agile.

btw your second photo reminded me of that fantastic four: rise of the silver surfer movie

Thanks man! And it's the same with me, when I think of ibanez I think of my RG. I hadn't even thought of the ART's whenever I was looking for a LP shaped guitar. It just kind of fell into place.
How much did this run you? I think I like everything besides the placement of the pickup selector switch (just a personal preference though). Sweet looking axe.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
How much did this run you? I think I like everything besides the placement of the pickup selector switch (just a personal preference though). Sweet looking axe.

$399 brand new bro. Setup was awesome right out of the store, just awesome, very playable even for shred.