I have been very interested in learning this style of guitar, i.e scales, chords, rhythmic patterns ect. Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thank you
I'm gnna butcher the spelling but look up some phygrian(probably spelled wrong) modes. They tend to be found in a lot of spanish guitar. Another useful thing to look up is some flamenco tutorials on youtube. Also maybe listen to some carlos santanas less poplular stuff.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster by Squire
Ibanez Acoustic
Casio Keyboard
Line 6 Spider II
Zoom G2.1u pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Quote by Colohue
Nope. I'm far too honest.
Quote by Doc Smiley
I have been very interested in learning this style of guitar, i.e scales, chords, rhythmic patterns ect. Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Um...have you tried listening to some flamenco?
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
1. Get drunk
2. play pentatonic scales fast
3. throw in some divebombs and pinch harmonics
4. Get killed onstage
5. become legendary guitarist instantaneously

Quote by Holy Katana

How dare you attack the greatness of the augmented sixth?
Juan Martin has a good introduction to flamenco book... well, its more than an introduction in that it goes through the various forms used. But I will go with Tom on this one... please do go and listen to some flamenco... if you are interested in the just the guitar side, then be sure to listen to the king, Paco de Lucia... then you can listen to the next up and coming king, Vicente Amigo.

The Juan Martin stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Play-Solo-Flamenco-Guitar-Martin/dp/0786664584

Hope it helps ya... cos quite frankly... being given a bunch of chords or supposed patterns on a forum will definitely not help you.
In flamenco, you don't use picks, you use your fingernails. You'll have to learn the rasgueo technique. (By they way, the guy I linked you too is really good).

Listen
Learn
Emulate
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK