Currently using Sey D. Invader bridge. Tuned B stand to dropped G on 6 string guitars. Aggresive style, rapid p.muting, etc. Thinking about a switch to Nailbomb or the M6. Anybody have exp. w/ these pickups. I really like the Invader and the 81s have been a standby as well, but I'm wondering what the more expensive p/us would do for my sound.
What amp are you using?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i've heard that the invader is one of seymour duncan's worst pickup and it's very muddy. THough i've never tried it.

I suggest a Bareknuckle painkiller or ceramic warpig. The regular nailbomb and warpig are alnico 5 magnets. Ask them for a ceramic magnet one. It's better for metal dropped tuned stuff.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Which p/u is higher output, warpig or nail?
Invader is actually fairly trebly, or at least more so than one would think. Killer, articulate p.muting. I'm just basically curious about the higher doller p/us that have the same approach in sound.
As of now the three highest output passive known, are

the dimarzio x2n
the bare knuckle warpig
the rock monkey beefbucker

but there is more to pickups than that, clarity, tonality, and even output are affected by many things, hence why no one knows for sure what the hottest is

I have an x2n 7 in the bridge of my 7 string and a d activator x in the bridge of my 6 string, and they're
pretty freaking hot, they overdrive my clran channel of my peavey xxx

to be honest, output isn't THAT big of a deal, yes it pushes an amp harder, but with the advent of boosts that do the same thing, tone clarity and just the basic sound qualities are more important, I don't care how hot your pups are, you aren't going to sound like you're beating a kitten with a puppy without the right eq overall
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by kenfrazee@gmail
Kind of leaning towards BKP. What r diffs between nail bomb and Warpig?

high output doesn't mean better. U already have a Peavey 5150 which have TONS of gain.

The warpig has more bass response i think. The nailbomb is more versatile.
Email Tim, the founder of bareknuckle pickups. Ask him which pickup would be best for u. After all, he makes the pickups so he should know more about them than any of us.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
i've heard that the invader is one of seymour duncan's worst pickup and it's very muddy. THough i've never tried it.

I suggest a Bareknuckle painkiller or ceramic warpig. The regular nailbomb and warpig are alnico 5 magnets. Ask them for a ceramic magnet one. It's better for metal dropped tuned stuff.

I'm sure ur not a fan of Nile.
BK Warpig and Lundgren M6 are great pickups; but x2n might be more versatile.
The Nailbomb is one of the most badass pickups I've ever heard.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by insatanity
I'm sure ur not a fan of Nile.

Haha- They both use 'em and I'd be lying if I said that didn't influence the choice. Amazing tones, both cd and live.
The Warpig is hotter than the nailbomb and a little more scooped in the midrange if you get one with a ceramic magnet. I've got one in my RG (albeit only in drop D) and it is an awesome piece of kit.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
You should consider active pickups, especially if you're tuning that low. Not a lot of passive pickups can handle frequencies that low.

I agree that there is a lot more to a pickup than what it's specs say. No, in most cases more is not better. Extremely high output pickups usually aren't that good. Your amp should be taking care of how much gain you want. And you have a gainy as hell amp already.

If you're looking for a more aggressive pickup, you can't get much more aggressive than the power that actives have. Just make sure you EQ your guitar right with them, and you'll be good to go.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Always ran the 81s and love 'em. "sterile"- lol, most people who pay 1500 4 a PRS imagine that they sound better. You generating an electrical signal through inductance and the wood/construction makes a barely noticable diff if you're using a burly tone. I don't give a shit what the model of whatever I'm playing is, as long as it has my choice of p/u, strings, tuners, and I've set it up myself. That makes the tone. Seriously, why do people spend shit loads of $ instead of practicing more?
P.s. woke up grouchy, speaking my mind-haha.