Page 1 of 3
It has just occurred to me that I have never been in a fight in my life. I also fear being struck in the face or body by someone and as a result I feel inadequate. It's not some Fight Club thing either where I will make it a regular occurrence, I just feel like I need to be able to know what a punch feels like. Unfortunately, I have also quit drinking recently due to my university courses starting just this week and feel that without the courage alcohol provides, I will not be able to go through with it.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? I've never been in a fight ever and should the situation arise, I do not want to look like a sissy holding his face when it does happen. D:

There were times in my teen years where someone would intimidate me and I'd back down. However, lately I've been doing nothing but talk shit with people who try and start something and have gained a little confidence. Not enough confidence to get into a full on fist fight though.

An example was two weeks ago when I was at a party (my last one until next summer) and there was this guy who was getting too close with my friend's girlfriend. The guy was telling her "yeah, drink up. After that, give me a hug" so I told him to back off because she was taken. One of the guy's drunk friends steps in and acts tough. I told him to STFU basically and as I was walking away he was shouting "someone wants a ****in' bottle busted over his head!"

It was at that point where I was like "**** this shit."

I know this is a stupid idea but I felt immasculated. I gotta defend my pride. Anyone got any tips on how I should go about this? I'm thinking of getting nice and numb with some whiskey and seeing where it goes from there.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
1. Get drunk.
2. Go find someone that annoys you.
3. Fight.
4. End.

Also what red157 said.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Dont get into a fight unless you have to. If you feel less manly than others just get some weights and work out. Dunno anything about you but from this thread i would say you'd lose any fight you got into in the near future.
Fighting doesn't make you a man.
Grow up and don't fight. Do weights instead.

Edit: If your really keen, join a boxing/mma club. I really want to. I dont have any intention of ever fighting someone but it seems like a great way of release
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Sep 11, 2010,
Go around and fight if you want to, you probably wont win...seeing as you never fought before. And if you do go around fighting smaller people, then you're going to get your ass spanked in front of girls one day, soon. Someday, maybe tomorrow.
Quote by red157
Just recite your sig to people.

Then you'll get into a fight.

This
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
nah you dont wanna get into a fight mate, just try to be clever - with WORDS, call him some sorta name and put everythin to rest. basically take the piss outta him and if he wants to fight, tell him he cant handle the truth and get the hell outta there
Quote by Burningritual
Fighting doesn't make you a man.

This. In my opinion, a real man knows when to fight and when to avoid a fight and the latter is at least 9/10ths of the time. I think you might want to stop talking shit and then you may not feel the need to defend your "pride". It seems to me like you're asking for trouble as opposed to trying to avoiding it and you're eventually going to get yourself hurt.
Last edited by BananaMartyr at Sep 11, 2010,
Find a boxing gym. Get your ass kicked. Feel even more inadequate.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I know I'd get my ass whooped, I just want to know what a punch feels like. I imagine it to feel like a bee sting, except bigger.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Colgate Total
I know I'd get my ass whooped, I just want to know what a punch feels like. I imagine it to feel like a bee sting, except bigger.

Not even close. You ever fall and bang your skull off the pavement?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
hey TS we should meet up and fight
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Colgate Total

how old are you?
Quote by Colgate Total

You might as well punch yourself in the face first then - it will give you a closer idea than that.
Up The Boro!
Slightly masochistic, no? My advice would be to not get into a fight in the first place. I'm not meaning to offend, although I'm not fussed if it does, but you sound like a 6 year-old kid trying to act tough. It may be a 'life thing' to you, or maybe I just don't share your desires. Either way, I still think it's a pathetically stupid thing to get yourself into purely for the sake of doing it.
haha don't worry you just keep going around saying the same stuff you have been saying and yeh recite your sig then you'll know what that "bee sting" feels like...
The hulk of a man with a beer in his hand he looked like a drunk old fool
And I knew if I hit him right why I could knock him off of that stool
But everybody they said watch out hey that's the Tiger Man McCool
He's had the whole lotta fights and he's always come out winner yeah he's a winner
But I had myself about five too many and I walked up tall and proud
I faced his back and I faced the fact that he had never stooped or bowed
I said Tiger Man you're a pussycat and a hush fell on the crowd
I said let's you and me go outside and see who's the winner
Well he gripped the bar with one big hairy hand then he braced against the wall
He slowly looked up from his beer my God that man was tall
He said boy I see you're a scrapper so just before you fall
I'm gonna tell you just a little bout what it means to be a winner
He said now you see these bright white smilin' teeth you know they ain't my own
Mine rolled away like Chicklets down the street in San Antone
But I left that person cursin' nursin' seven broken bones
And he only broke ah three of mine that makes me the winner
He said now behind this grin I got a steel pin that holds my jaw in place
A trophy of my most successful motorcycle race
And each morning when I wake and touch this scar across my face
It reminds me of all I got by bein' a winner
Now this broken back was the dyin' act of a handsome Harry Clay
That sticky Cincinnati night I stole his wife away
But that woman she gets uglier and she gets meaner every day
But I got her boy that's what makes me a winner
He said you gotta speak loud when you challenge me son cause it's hard for me to hear
With this twisted neck and these migraine pains and this big ole cauliflower ear
And if it wadn't for this glass eye of mine why I'd shed a happy tear
To think of all that you gonna get by bein' a winner
I got arthritic elbows boy I got dislocated knees
From pickin' fights with thunderstorms and chargin' into trees
And my nose been broke so often I might lose if I sneeze
And son you say you still wanna be a winner
Now you remind me a lotta my younger days with your knuckles a clenchin' white
But boy I'm gonna sit right here and sip this beer all night
And if there's somethin' that you gotta gain to prove by winnin' some silly fight
Well okay I quit I lose you're the winner
So I stumbled from that barroom not so tall and not so proud
And behind me I still hear the hoots of laughter of the crowd
But my eyes still see and my nose still works and my teeth're still in my mouth
And you know I guess that makes me the winner
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get your friend to punch you and you'll change your mind
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Colgate Total
Oh...

Same thing. Except it happens continuously until you fall and your bounce skull off the pavement. If you're lucky it stops there. If your not the boots pick up where the fists let off.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Cianyx
Get your friend to punch you and you'll change your mind

My friend? What would I say?

"Hey, man. I got some Jack. Lets get drunk and fight"?
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

You dont want to get into a FIGHT, because you will lose most of your teeth and a large amount of blood, given your OP i'd say you'd get your ass handed to you by anyone wanting to have a fight for no adequate reason.
Quote by Colgate Total
My friend? What would I say?

"Hey, man. I got some Jack. Lets get drunk and fight"?

Sounds like another Friday night in the infantry.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by red157
Just recite your sig to people.

Then you'll get into a fight.

I was going to say exactly this.

If you're that in-your-face with shit in real life, I fail to see how you've never been hit before.
Don't try and get into a fight man... that's stupid. Go punch a wall... it's kind of like that except you don't feel guilty about the wall.

I've never been in a fight by the way, my friend asked me to punch him in the face because he's a tool.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Get yourself good and drunk, then get into a fight. Let's see... loss of coordination. Lose. Loss of intelligence. Lose. Loss of pride. Lose. Loss of fight. Definite lose. Black eye. Priceless.
TS is -14 years so i can understand his maturity of wanting to fight some random guy to feel a punch.

if you want to get punched go to a Martial Arts place I'm sure most of them would punch you for free (or anyone who williningly wanted to be punched)
That sounds like trouble waiting to happen. Take up martial arts. And your sig makes you sound like a, asshole, so I don't like you.
hit him with a banjo. I saw a guy get hit with a banjo once, and he went down.

EDIT: after reading your sig and profile, I think it's only a matter of time you get in a fight, likely with someone here. in fact, I'm tempted to whack you with my banjo.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Sep 11, 2010,
basically, you're saying you talk shit but are actually a pussy?

either stop talking shit, or stop being a pussy.
you think having a fight is going to make you a man? if you are that guy at the party who does mouth off to people, but has nothing to back it up then you have no pride to defend.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by sugar_daddy
If you do indeed support Westboro church, I would love to fulfil your wish.

This. Also just join a boxing place. After the first 2 weeks where your body rejects you it's lots of fun and a great place to work some steam off.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Never any sort of fight? I've never been in anything really serious, but at least got in fights as a kid all the time. What kind of padded suburb did you grow up in?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Spout some of the bullshit in your signature in a public location; instant fight.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Page 1 of 3