So , i'de probably will go with the Mesa Boogie Mark V, i know it has 4 jacks with speaker impedance of 2X8 & 2X4 Ohms.
I'm mow building a cabinet actually I've already built the cab itself(mostly for fun)... it's 2X12" , well my budget is around 300$ for 2 speakers; for metal and clean most of time..
and last question what's the most common assemble speakers in cabs - parallel or series? and the same as for the impedance; 4/8/16 Ohms (??)
Thanks!
2 - 16ohm speakers in parallel will give you an 8ohm load. so that's the easiest and safest bet right there.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Ok , but isn't the 2-4ohm in series is the easiest ?
And what speakers to chose? Celestion? Eminence? Jensen? and which one?
Thanks
4ohm speakers are a bit harder to find, and parallel wiring is just as easy for speakers.

maybe try the celestion g12k-100 - very suited for metal and versatile as well. you can mix and match speakers, so i dunno just check out different speaker characteristics online and see what interests you.

i have an eminence private jack and a vintage 30 for my mark iv and it's great for my tastes. check out warehouse speakers if you wanna save some cash, apparently they're great clones of celestion speakers for cheap.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Last edited by UnsignedRecords at Sep 11, 2010,
Even though you have a budget, don't cheap out on speakers. There's no point in pairing a nice head with crappy speakers. I'd go for Celestion or Eminence, but like UnsignedRecords said you'll want to do some research on the characteristics of their speakers.
Well i was thinking about 2 of Celestion V30 cost around 290$ and the cab i've already said, i built by myself.
So 2 of V30-16 Ohms?
I would seriously give the Warehouseguitarspeakers.com Veteran 30 clone a good look. $70 each and some claim they sound better than the originals.

Yes, if you buy 2 - 16 ohm speakers and wire them in parallel you will get a 8 ohm load total.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 11, 2010,
That link doesn't work. Here's what you probably meant to link to.

http://wgs4.com/all-products

Never heard of this company before, but they seem to have their act together and have some quality speakers. I'll be looking into this company since I may be building my own 1x12 or 2x12 in the next few months.
Sorry i've never heard of any of them(WGS) .. does the Celestion v30 isn't that good that your are suggesting something cheaper? (just curious)
^^ good catch. Thanks. I fixed it.

^ I didn't mean to say that. Celestion makes awesome speakers. I have two of them in my 212 I just don't have Vintage 30s. Vintage 30s are a staple in rock/metal cabs but there are a lot of considerations when choosing speakers. MatrixClaw would be a good person to talk to as he has extensive Mesa and Celestion and Cab experience.

I typed it out that way so people could see who the company is.

I don't have a ton of experience with them but they make good clones at about half the cost and people like the WGS Vet30s because the upper mid spike is less pronounced.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 11, 2010,
I have the Veteran 30s and I do prefer them to the Celestions, however I never tried the celestions in my port city wave cab, so that probably has a lot to do with it.
Quote by UnsignedRecords
check out warehouse speakers if you wanna save some cash, apparently they're great clones of celestion speakers for cheap.

I'm gonna throw Weber in the mix too, GREAT Celestion clones as well for cheap.
Ok Thanks for helping ...
I'm actually leading towards the Mark V and The Dual Rectifier.. which do you think will be the best for me considering i play most of time Thrash metal and clean like pink Floyd/dire striats?
if you're just looking at stock mesas (and only mesa), out of the two i'd say the MkIV... very liquid leads. stock dual recs are something else entirely, good for what they're good for, but not what you play judging by what you've said.