Poll: Which one should I get? (info below)
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one should I get? (info below)
ESP LTD SC607b
3 33%
Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
5 56%
Other (please suggest)
1 11%
Voters: 9.
I'm finally looking to get a 7-string and I'm torn between:

ESP LTD SC607b which is gonna run me about $2100-2500 Australian
I can get this one ordered into my local guitar shop which if I get it from there, gives me free servicing for life as well as warranty.

and

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser which is from what I can see on Australia sites, about $1500-1700
There's a catch with this one though. I've found it on like ONE Australian site and they didn't have a right-handed floyd rose-less one.
And I tend to change tuning a LOT regardless of whatever guitar I'm playing, and as far as I'm aware floyd's make this rather difficult.

I proceeded to search overseas online stores for these, but the ones that I found would not ship outside the US.
I did find this site though: http://proguitarshop.com/store/guitars-schecter-guitars-c-1_29/schecter-hellraiser7-black-cherry-p-920
Looks legit to me and they'll ship to Australia.

The price for this including shipping was about $900 American (I assume) could anyone tell me what that is in Australian? Would it be roughly the same as the Australia pricing; $1500-1700?

Sorry for all of that text but I was trying to explain my situation.
In a nutshell:
I can get a $2100-2500 ESP SC607b in Australia with warranty/free servicing

or

I can get a $1500-1700 (I think) Schecter C-7 Hellraiser ordered from America.

From all the reviews I've read, they are both equally respected guitars with somewhat similar specs. I much prefer the appearance of the Schecter (Black Cherry ) but I'm not gonna buy a guitar based on the appearance.

Also, if there's any other good 7 strings I should look at, don't hesitate to suggest them to me.
Last edited by Disturbed_EMG at Sep 11, 2010,
Definitely the Schecter, the EMG pickups they're using now can be be coil-tapped, so you'd get more tones. Also the ESP doesn't have a "neck" pickup since it's located in the middle, while the Schecter actually has one which gives it a warmer tone that's good for soloing. So the Schecter is more versatile and is a better choice in my opinion.
For the love of christ buy it from overseas and have it shipped here. It'll be hundreds and hundreds dollars cheaper. I got my Epi Dot brand new for $400 AUD shipped (no it's not a fake).

EDIT: 900 USD is 971 AUD.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Sep 11, 2010,
Quote by Amer91
Definitely the Schecter, the EMG pickups they're using now can be be coil-tapped, so you'd get more tones. Also the ESP doesn't have a "neck" pickup since it's located in the middle, while the Schecter actually has one which gives it a warmer tone that's good for soloing. So the Schecter is more versatile and is a better choice in my opinion.

Yeah, I just saw the coil taps, that could be something cool to try out.
And I was considering the position of the "neck" pickup on the ESP and I think you're quite right there.

It's looking like I should definitely be getting the Hellraiser.
That one doesnt include shipping. But it is a legit store, I've just had my Schecter Damien Elite 8 shipped from there. They're good blokes too.
I know for a fact billy hyde stock C7 hellraisers though, I saw one yesterday.
http://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/view/2576/schecter-electric-guitar-hellraiser-c7/
Shipping was only an extra $120US though, and they threw in a case for me so it would work out cheaper buying internationally. And they do a complete set up too.

Edit: I personally prefer the Schecter over the ESP/LTD mainly because im not a fan of sig models and the middle pickup got in the way a fair bit.
Last edited by connorhxcchaos at Sep 11, 2010,