View poll results: What do you think?
Yes, it bothers me
9 6%
Not even the slightest
153 94%
Voters: 162.
Page 1 of 2
Does this bother you?

I know this must seem weird and random,. but i was watching a music channel, and it just really caught my attention, personally i dislike band frontmen having beards. i want them all to look like Tom DeLonge.
I think Hayley Williams should shave that beard..... wait.... wat?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
frontmen should have beards, as it makes them look tougher, and therefore makes them a better vocalist.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by mikeyknowsbette
i want them all to look like Tom DeLonge.

Why do you want your frontmen to look like whiny little girls
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you

No, I only listen to progressive beardcore.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
No, why would it other me. It doesn't/shouldn't affect how they sound. If they like it, and it suits them, why the hell not?
Quote by Green_Jelly
No, I only listen to progressive beardcore.

Bravo, sir.

But I believe the correct term is "post-ironic beardcore".

Beards are pretty win.

Also, I can't take Tom Delonge seriously. I tried listening to Angels And Airwaves and actually caught myself thinking "this would be really nice for mainstream rock" and then all of a sudden Tom's vocals came on and I'm cringing. You just can't take a voice like his seriously...
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
You guys are idiots. TS isn't going to think that a band sounds bad because they have a lead singer with a beard. He just won't enjoy their live performance as much, because the image won't be as satisfying to him. Which is a large part of why people like live shows, the visual aspect. Get your heads out of your asses.

EDIT: For me, I think the frontmen especially should look presentable for their genre. I hate beard for the most part anyway, because they just seem like another flaunting of masculinity.
Last edited by due 07 at Sep 11, 2010,
Quote by due 07
You guys are idiots. TS isn't going to think that a band sounds bad because they have a lead singer with a beard. He just won't enjoy their live performance as much, because the image won't be as satisfying to him. Which is a large part of why people like live shows, the visual aspect. Get your heads out of your asses.

EDIT: For me, I think the frontmen especially should look presentable for their genre. I hate beard for the most part anyway, because they just seem like another flaunting of masculinity.

I go to see my favorite bands perform the music live, not to go "OH, the frontman is looking particularly dashing this eve!" I figured this was the case for most people.
yes exactly
whenever I see a frontman with a beard I just wanna slice that mother****er open with a steak knife...

Nope, I guess that (on this particular subject) the pit is (relatively) reasonable.
I honestly don't care either way. They're musicians, I don't care if they have a beard or hair or eyebrows.

I'm a frontman, and I have a goatee!! I don't have a beard, and I'm nto clean-shaven. Your pathetic rules can't hold me down! :P
Quote by JackalUK
I go to see my favorite bands perform the music live, not to go "OH, the frontman is looking particularly dashing this eve!" I figured this was the case for most people.

This, though I make an exception for Porcupine Tree, because, well, I'd bend over for Steven Wilson.
Quote by T.s.e
I dislike beards in general. They look stupid.

I think the exact opposite, really. I think a man without some type of facial hair looks like he's trying too hard to be a boy, and it's artificial-looking to me.
It's all about the moustache.

(Invalid img)
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by psorgatz

Lulz!

It really doesn't matter, yeah sure looks can be important and appealing but I listen to bands for their music, talent, lyrics.... Not because of how one of the members looks.
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Quote by due 07

Spot on.
Quote by psorgatz

Whiny little girls have long hair.

WheRe'z YeErr BrAAinz
who's the guy in the second picture from the first page? he's sexy.
this is my sig. there are many like it, but this is mine.

Brown Sugar
Quote by 2ndslash
who's the guy in the second picture from the first page? he's sexy.

Rody Walker from Protest The Hero.
Billy Gibbons is not amused.

Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Where's the "It's the music, not the beard" option?

I mean sure, everyone knows that the resonance of a finely trimmed bit of facial hair gives you 20% more sustain and another octave to your range(Easy sweeps if guitar), but still.

Edit: Epic Hell Yeah to the gentlemen who posted Freddie Mercury and Billy Gibbons.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7

Isaac's Brock's beard warps time and space
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1

I think not.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
Johan Hegg thinks facial hair is cool. Do you really want to disagree with Johan Hegg?

Yes, I'd disagree with a giant bird.
Quote by SpiritThief
Image = nothing

Unless you have a beard.

Fix'd
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by NosralTserrof

That is all

The drummer to grow a beard, it would fit the rest of the band.
Quote by T.s.e
I dislike beards in general. They look stupid.

It grows on your face naturally. Therefore it is against nature to shave your beard. Get out of here you God-playing nonce!
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Page 1 of 2