I want an Epi Les Paul. Im set on one. I know i dont want a Gibson. Ive played my friend's and it feels very good. Although i need some input on which model is the best. Obviously, price is an object. Im looking anywhere from $400-700
Guitars:
Black Ibanez RG3EX1 with Flamed Maple Top
Dean Stylist Hollowbody Guitar

Amp- Line 6 Spider 15 Watt
Epi LP Standard or Custom
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Epi LP standard all the way, the customs are just looks at a higher price, staying with the standard leaves extra money for say nice pickups
Last edited by sean1977 at Sep 11, 2010,
If you are set on an epi les paul, look for a used standard. NOT the goth or 100 models they are put together with very cheap parts and it shows. On the other hand don't get the "plus" or "custom" models because the only thing difference is the colour and finish and you will have to pay lots extra for that.

In a nutshell, the standard is the best value.
Quote by Ramwen
Epi LP Standard or Custom

Not the custom. I don't even know why they call it a "custom"...there is nothing custom about it. They just paint the the hardware gold and the body in white and charge an extra 200 bucks.
The plus models have a figured top. Not different colours. To above, the EC is a Les Paul shape and not much else, very different from an Epiphone or Gibson LP, give these a shot TS but the only similarity is the body shape.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by JayLacelle
Not the custom. I don't even know why they call it a "custom"...there is nothing custom about it. They just paint the the hardware gold and the body in white and charge an extra 200 bucks.

Well yeah kinda, I admit that most of the differences are purely cosmetic.
I honestly never tried it ( TS, you should try them both and decide ), but many people say that Customs have better tone and feel better, but I really don't understand how...

Les Paul Custom:
Pickups: Alnico Classic Humbuckers
Hardware: Gold
Scale: 24.75"
Nut Width: 1.68"
Neck: Set Mahagony
FB- Inlay: Rosewood Block
Body Material: Mahogany
Tailpeice: Stopbar
Finish: Ebony, Antique White.

Les Paul Standard:
Pickups: Alnico Classic Humbuckers
Hardware: Chrome
Scale: 24.75"
Nut Width: 1.68"
Neck: Set Mahagony
FB- Inlay: Rosewood Trapezoid
Body Material: Mahogany
Tailpeice: Stopbar
Finish: Ebony
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
yeah, but he may like the EC's lol. worth a shot. I played a few real les pauls and i hate em, no offense to gibson.
thanks a whole lot. I was looking at the standard and it seemed really great for the money. Now i have everyone's unanymous vote, i think im gonna go for it.

** and the advice to go for the esp was kinda lame. I said i wanted an epi les paul.
Guitars:
Black Ibanez RG3EX1 with Flamed Maple Top
Dean Stylist Hollowbody Guitar

Amp- Line 6 Spider 15 Watt
Quote by CWrestler593
thanks a whole lot. I was looking at the standard and it seemed really great for the money. Now i have everyone's unanymous vote, i think im gonna go for it.

** and the advice to go for the esp was kinda lame. I said i wanted an epi les paul.

im just saying, if you like the epi les paul, that checkin an ec out isnt a bad choice, from personal experience.