Hey UG, I've been playing a PRS CE22 for the better part of 3 years, and for quite a long time the action has been bugging me. It is too high for my liking, and I have lowered the bridge saddles as low as they go, yet the action is still too high (2.3mm from the 12th fret on the top E string), and I would prefer this to be nearer 1.4mm.

What can I do to further lower the action, as the saddles are already flush with the bridge?

Thanks, MM
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
The next best thing (I think) you can do is to possibly sand down your nut, if you have the knowledge to. Otherwise, is your neck straight? I'm assuming from your gear that you're prett experienced, so I didn't ask about your setup first..
If you're not sure what you're doing you should probably take it to a tech. They'll be able to set it up how you want it and you don't have to worry about potentially damaging an expensive guitar.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
How much bow is in your neck? If you stand your guitar up on the floor and stand over, sighting down the neck, is there a very pronounced bow in the neck? Hold down the first and last fret of one of the strings, and look underneath the string where it passes over the 6,7,and 8th frets. How much gap is there? Ideally there should be a very small gap, like the thickness of your high e string. A little more than that is alright.

Though the truss rod is used to control the bow, or relief in the neck, not action, a bi-product of tightening it is it will lower the action. If you have a huge amount of relief or bow in your neck, it is possible this is the reason you can't get action any lower. Tightening the truss rod slightly would remedy the situation.

Though, if you're not comfortable with doing this, take it to a guitar shop. If you think there is too much bow and you want to fix it on your own, read up on adjusting truss rods first. You can damage your guitar if you don't know what you're doing. (make only small adjustments at a time. A 1/4 turn MAXIMUM clockwise, then don't make any more truss rod adjustments for a few hours. If it still has a large bow in your neck, repeat the adjustment. You will need to adjust intonation and tune your strings after you make truss rod adjustments.

Good luck man!

Good luck sir!
Godin Summit CT - Natural
Vox VT 50 amplifier
Vox V847 Wah pedal
Thanks for the replies guys. I think i'll just take it to a tech and get it checked over professionally, save me from messing up the truss rod
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!