what are some good soundhole pickups in the high end range? i want one that goes in the soundhole. a magnetic pickup so it can go through a tube amp.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
check out L.R. Baggs. Their stuff is really top of the line. They make some good magnetic pickups too.
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
l.r. baggs are good but a peizo pup can also go through a tube amp just didnt want you to get that misconception
Quote by supersac
l.r. baggs are good but a peizo pup can also go through a tube amp just didnt want you to get that misconception

True.
Bear in mind though that although tube amps have a high input impedance of about 1 Megohm, peizos sound best (better) run into even higher impedances.
I'd use a FET or other high impedance buffer between the peizo and amp, it needn't be expensive.
Quote by Skagasm
what are some good soundhole pickups in the high end range? i want one that goes in the soundhole. a magnetic pickup so it can go through a tube amp.

Why does it need to be a soundhole pickup, out of curiosity?

Consider a K&K Pickup, perhaps a Pure Mini . As used by Andy McKee (He uses a more elaborate one though).
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
cause a soundhole pickup gives direct pull on the strings which is what electric guitars do. when an acoustic has a body mic or something a tube amp cant handle everything being picked up and it feeds back. with a soundhole mag pup it is just like a hollowbody. at least this is what i was told.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Skagasm
cause a soundhole pickup gives direct pull on the strings which is what electric guitars do. when an acoustic has a body mic or something a tube amp cant handle everything being picked up and it feeds back. with a soundhole mag pup it is just like a hollowbody. at least this is what i was told.

No worries.

Mr McKee uses the K&K for "80%" of his sound, so he tells us, and uses a soundhole pickup by someone else (I want to say "Sunbeam" but it isn't that!)

Seymour Duncan do some nice soundhole jobbies, wooden ones too.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!