I'm trying to find a song to learn to play on guitar that's easy (since I'm a beginner) that is also easy to sing to. Can someone give me suggestions? Thanks
Quote by AFI
You land as lightly as the new snow, Cinematic
Quote by MikeDodge
Horse With No Name is considered one of the easiest tunes. Two chords make up the whole song. Its got a great melody and flow. I used to teach it to my beginner students and it was pretty easy for them to grasp.

+1 for America!
Anything by Nirvana, if you're into that kind of music.

It would help if you told us what kind of style of music you're into.
Quite a few songs by the Beatles.

It makes it a lot easier if it is a song you really ****ing love, you know?
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground by the White Stripes. There are only chords 4 and they're played at the exact time the lyrics are sung.
I heard that practice makes perfect...But then I heard that nobody's perfect so I stopped practicing.
El Cerrito Place - Charlie Robison - 2 chords.

+1 to Mike Dodge, and horse with no name.

Who ever said quite a few by the Beatles, really made my eyebrows raise. Nothing about them screams easy - you could get an entire theory education breaking down their tunes and analyzing them...you'd learn a hell of a lot about songwriting, be it Guitar Gently Weeps Major to Minor key changes, or something like Here there and Everywhere with Voice Leading...not to mention singing to that stuff!

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Sep 11, 2010,