I'm admittedly a Mesa junkie, owning a Rectoverb combo myself, and I may end up buying another head since the lead guitarist in my band bought another 4x12 cab. I was debating between a Peavey 6505+ and a Triple Rectifier until I saw a 2-channel Dual Rectifier at my local GC for $900. I've often heard that the 2-channel Duals have better sound than the current, 3-channel Duals, but can anyone offer a comparison with the Triple Rectifier? Do the current 3-channel TRIPLE RECTIFIERS sound better than the 2-channel Duals, or vice-versa? Or is there little difference? I play a mix of alternative/experimental metal in the vein of Deftones, 10 Years, and the 90's grunge of Alice in Chains and Soundgarden.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
oops, can someone move this to Guitar Gear & Accessories?
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ill go ahead and voice an opinion now lol. The triple recs sound decent, but I grabbed a dual rec when i had the chance, because 150 watts is alot more power than hardly anyone will use, and you wont get that true good tube sound unless you crank it, which can be problematic with neighbors. and if youre considering a 6505+, go try it out, because i traded my marshall off for the 6505+ head, and it sounded so good i ended up selling off my mesa because i never used it.
I personally don't see much point in a Triple Rec. You get a lot more headroom, but all those watts make it physically damaging to crank (Though that can be said about a Dual Rec too.) I can't fathom ever needing 150W for anything. And it's not like it's solid state, so the headroom argument isn't nearly as valid as it could be.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I personally don't see much point in a Triple Rec. You get a lot more headroom, but all those watts make it physically damaging to crank (Though that can be said about a Dual Rec too.) I can't fathom ever needing 150W for anything. And it's not like it's solid state, so the headroom argument isn't nearly as valid as it could be.

There is a decent difference between the Dual and Triple (comparing 2 and 2 channel, and 3 and 3 channel versions)
The Triple has more headroom (obviously), its also got tighter bass, and its a bit more punchy. Its not just a matter of more power, adding power changes how the amp will sound.