Gibson Les Paul Studio

Alright. There is this guitar, right? And it comes in a bunch of different finishes; I really like the Alpine White w/ Gold hardware, but I also really love the Faded Brown Mahogany w/Chrome. The only difference is the white one is 400 dollars more.

So my question is: are these made to sound different, or does the finish really make that much of a difference? Thanks.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
I would assume that just the gold hardware is a decent bit of that price difference.
The white model has an ebony fretboard, carved maple top as opposed to mahogany top, and it has 490R and 498T pickups instead of Burstbucker Pros.

I read this under the "Specifications" tab on the page, I think these are the differences.
Yeah, the price is higher because of gold plating.

As far as the finish goes, no it makes no difference for an electric guitar (acoustic is another matter). The only real difference is that different neck finishes can make the guitar feel and play slightly different.

There is a slight difference between covered and uncovered pickups (the latter is slightly darker sounding) but even that is fairly minimal.
Quote by icronic
There is a slight difference between covered and uncovered pickups (the latter is slightly darker sounding) but even that is fairly minimal.

I thought uncovered P-ups were brighter.
Guitars
Gibson SG '61 Reissue 'Aretha'
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
Quote by TheAbsentOne
The white model has an ebony fretboard, carved maple top as opposed to mahogany top, and it has 490R and 498T pickups instead of Burstbucker Pros.

I read this under the "Specifications" tab on the page, I think these are the differences.

This. They're essentially different models.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You need to bear in mind that white nitro finishes are a little trickier to take care of than other finishes. You need to keep them away from any kind of rubber or treated leather or they'll be left with permanent dark brown marks, even if they were only in contact for a few minutes. White nitro finishes also discolour much quicker than other colours, it's rare for a nitro finish to stay perfectly white for more than two or three years. Don't think of it as buying a white finish, think of it as buying a cream finish because that is how it is going to spend most of its life.

White finishes and gold hardware look great but a lot of people underestimate how much of a pain they can be to live with.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.