hey all. recently ive been having major buzzing issues with my fender scorpion.. it has an emg 89 (active, obviously) and it buzzes reaaally loudly whenever i dont touch the pickup... i bought it used and the pickup isnt the stock one, but it was fine in the beginning. i need it fixed soon for gigging. so how would i go about fixing this, preferrably without taking it in to a shop?
Take the back off and inspect the wiring. Sounds like a bad ground. Once you find it, solder it back in place.
I thought EMG's didn't have ground wires?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
How is it wired? Does it have one active and one passive?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I thought EMG's didn't have ground wires?

You always need a ground or return wire to complete the circuit, otherwise you just have an open circuit and no current would flow.
Quote by SGRocker400
hey all. recently ive been having major buzzing issues with my fender scorpion.. it has an emg 89 (active, obviously) and it buzzes reaaally loudly whenever i dont touch the pickup... i bought it used and the pickup isnt the stock one, but it was fine in the beginning. i need it fixed soon for gigging. so how would i go about fixing this, preferrably without taking it in to a shop?

has your guitar's output jack ever been loose?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you might want to take the jack off anyway, see if the wires are still connected.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011