Page 1 of 4
LightxGrenade
1,139 IQ
So has anyone checked out their new album? It's called Deceiver. I like the clean vocals something about the timbre of his voice is just so good to me, and the guitar work on this is solid, plenty of head banging moments mixed in with some technical parts I also notice a lot more synthesizer being used though not in excess.

I think it sounds really f-ing good, even though they aren't exactly bringing anything new to the table. I think they're just really good at this specific kind of music and their songwriting skills have most definitely progressed it's not just one riff plastered on top of another.

It sort of reminds me a bit of Sky Eat Airplane but personally I think TWA is better. Anyone elses opinions on this? Love it? Hate it?
catalyst329
157 IQ
I listen to the album on a daily basis just to laugh at it.
LightxGrenade
1,139 IQ
you really think so? I think it was a natural progression, I think the songs are way better, their EP seemed to have riff after riff with no real direction
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
what's with all the hate on them. i think they have bad rep for some reason. i feel like people just think theyre another scene band. but they really aren't. and i agree with the op that they sound a bit like Sky Eats Airplane. I don't think i could say that TWA is better though.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
I think a lot of people dislike (or refuse to listen to them altogether) just cause of 'Craig Mabbit ololol'
love is love // return to dust
im4board
48 IQ
by now, they sound 90% different then any of the songs they released with craig.. and that was 2 years ago
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Quote by LightxGrenade
So has anyone checked out their new album? It's called Deceiver. I like the clean vocals something about the timbre of his voice is just so good to me, and the guitar work on this is solid, plenty of head banging moments mixed in with some technical parts I also notice a lot more synthesizer being used though not in excess.

I think it sounds really f-ing good, even though they aren't exactly bringing anything new to the table. I think they're just really good at this specific kind of music and their songwriting skills have most definitely progressed it's not just one riff plastered on top of another.

It sort of reminds me a bit of Sky Eat Airplane but personally I think TWA is better. Anyone elses opinions on this? Love it? Hate it?

No.
Quote by synestershadows
what's with all the hate on them. i think they have bad rep for some reason. i feel like people just think theyre another scene band. but they really aren't. and i agree with the op that they sound a bit like Sky Eats Airplane. I don't think i could say that TWA is better though.

Yes they are.

Really despise this band.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
androidkaita
1,931 IQ
I like them, I just don't like the guitar tone. I really like The Hounds of Anubis but their EP version of Battle Royale sounds way better than their version on this album
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Quote by asator
No.

Yes they are.

Really despise this band.

Way to be a stubborn bitch. They are not scene. They don't even sound scene.

Quote by androidkaita
I like them, I just don't like the guitar tone. I really like The Hounds of Anubis but their EP version of Battle Royale sounds way better than their version on this album

I agree with the guitar tone. It seems like it's missing some gain or something.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
Way to be a stubborn bitch. They are not scene. They don't even sound scene.

I agree with the guitar tone. It seems like it's missing some gain or something.

They are blatently a bunch of scene kids playing standard scene kid metalcore, which you're denying, and I'm a stubborn bitch?

And this is not a situation where more gain of all things will make them sound better.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Quote by asator
They are blatently a bunch of scene kids playing standard scene kid metalcore, which you're denying, and I'm a stubborn bitch?

And this is not a situation where more gain of all things will make them sound better.

Find a scene band that sounds like them, and I'll give you a cookie.

Trust me, I ****ing despise scene bands. If I have to listen to one for TDWP clone I will kill myself.

These guys on the other hand are definitely original and something special.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Sep 13, 2010,
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
Find a scene band that sounds like them, and I'll give you a cookie.

Trust me, I ****ing despise scene bands. If I have to listen to one for TDWP clone I will kill myself.

These guys on the other hand are definitely original and something special.

If you think I'm going out of my way to look up one of the millions of bands that this lot sound like for somebody who thinks they're "definitely original and something special", then you'll be waiting a while.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Quote by asator
If you think I'm going out of my way to look up one of the millions of bands that this lot sound like for somebody who thinks they're "definitely original and something special", then you'll be waiting a while.

You're obviously not accepting my challenge, so you have admitted defeat.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
You're obviously not accepting my challenge, so you have admitted defeat.

k.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
I mean, it must be easy to find ONE scene band that sounds like them, right?

I guess not.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
catalyst329
157 IQ
uhh asking alexandria and miss may i, and thats just right off the top of my head i know theres way more
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Quote by catalyst329
uhh asking alexandria and miss may i, and thats just right off the top of my head i know theres way more

Okay. Ask any guitarist from either of those bands to play a Word Alive song and they won't be able to.

Asking Alexandria has no interesting guitar work. They just chug the whole time and their vocalist spews lines like "Bitch, you stupid ****ing bitch, you stupid ****ing bitch... ****ing bitch." Wow. So wise.

And Miss May I is just a rip off of AILD.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Sep 13, 2010,
catalyst329
157 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
Okay. Ask any guitarist from either of those bands to play a Word Alive song and they won't be able to.

First off what does that have to do with them not being a generic scene band? Second off im pretty sure that probably all their guitarist could play a word alive song
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
If you knew the other bands that I listen to, we wouldn't be having this argument. They're like my one guilty pleasure band.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
catalyst329
157 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
If you knew the other bands that I listen to, we wouldn't be having this argument. They're like my one guilty pleasure band.

And if they are not scene or genric then why are they a guilty pleasure for you?
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
because people like you consider them to be scene and generic.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
catalyst329
157 IQ
Quote by synestershadows

Me and and probably 95% of the people on this forum
-tempest-
hi, my name is matt.
751 IQ
Quote by synestershadows

but they are though. the further you get from scene kids the closer you get to creativity and originality. then the word art is put back into the word artist, which in turn makes music an art form again.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Well good thing they're the only "scene" band I listen to.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
-tempest-
hi, my name is matt.
751 IQ
solid, your so right about AA. im subjected to them in my girls car and thats all i hear. you listen to misery signals, right? i think i saw you post in there once, im not good on remembering people on here.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Quote by -tempest-
solid, your so right about AA. im subjected to them in my girls car and thats all i hear. you listen to misery signals, right? i think i saw you post in there once, im not good on remembering people on here.

Favorite bands include Misery Signals, It Prevails, BTBAM, Elitist, The Contortionist and just recently Painted In Exile.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
androidkaita
1,931 IQ
I dont see the problem with liking scene bands, I really like BTBAM PTH PIE, and all that good shit, but I also like TDWP AA! Whitechapel Suicide SIlence and stuff like that too, I dont see the problem in that
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
Quote by -tempest-
but they are though. the further you get from scene kids the closer you get to creativity and originality. then the word art is put back into the word artist, which in turn makes music an art form again.

Whoooaaa dude, just cause a kid likes to wear tacky shirts and straighten his hair doesn't mean he has a shit taste in music.
love is love // return to dust
-tempest-
hi, my name is matt.
751 IQ
Quote by tancanada
Whoooaaa dude, just cause a kid likes to wear tacky shirts and straighten his hair doesn't mean he has a shit taste in music.

9 times out of ten, yeah it does. i understand i was harsh but i was tired and annoyed. sorry i guess.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Quote by -tempest-
9 times out of ten, yeah it does. i understand i was harsh but i was tired and annoyed. sorry i guess.

Oh btw, nice sig. The Seventh Trumpet is such an epic song.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
-tempest-
hi, my name is matt.
751 IQ
thank you (:. i did a cover of your lil suburbia is in ruins but the audio always laggs a second on youtube. i thought it would be cool to have the video out there, but youtube doesn't agree i guess.

nice avatar, first time i saw that video i died laughing. the baby falling down the stairs is brutal haha
Meelad360
Oli Sykes<3
846 IQ
I also really like them - I got to meet Telle at Warped, I also saw Justin and Tony hanging around the booth, they're all really cool dudes.
catalyst329
157 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
Favorite bands include Misery Signals, It Prevails, BTBAM, Elitist, The Contortionist and just recently Painted In Exile.

Elitist is awesome
asator
whatever
525 IQ
This thread got better with the mention of Mis Sigs and It Prevails.
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
Well good thing they're the only "scene" band I listen to.

Then how do you so easily refute that there are any "scene" bands that sound like them?

Also people with Avenged Sevenfold usernames aren't allowed to act like their opinions matter. FACT

edit: I just actually listened to this band... they sound exactly like these guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4iJ4CjHdsw

not scenecore bullshit?
I'm an asshole.
Last edited by lookpizza at Sep 14, 2010,