Ahoy there UG,

I've decided it's about time to upgrade to a new guitar and at the moment I'm interested in a Schecter Hellraiser C-8 in gloss white, however I've only been able to find them in either black cherry, or my local guitar store has one in gloss black. Google has failed me because all I can find is the Blackjack ATX C-8 Aged White, but I hate the single lightning bolt/arrow inlay. Help?

LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
If the store has one in gloss black, they should be able to order you one in white. That's at least what our local seller does if the colour doesn't appeal to the buyer, but everything else does.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Sep 11, 2010,
Apparently the gloss black and gloss white were released in limited quantities in June... just keep searching. You'll find one.

EDIT: You might be kind of SOL. Only 100 C-8's are available in the US.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Sep 11, 2010,
^ Didn't know of that rarity, I just thought with common sense. If I was you. TS, I'd stick with the gloss black.. It can't be that bad seriously if you like it in all parts except the colour, you get used to nearly everything, why not to a black finish on a guitar?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Sep 11, 2010,
Similar to what has been mentioned the Gloss White Hellraiser c-8 is technically not in regular production for 2010. You are going to have to look on the used market everywhere you can and perhaps check out all local music stores that stock Schecter's and see if they have them in-store and even ask if they can order you one in that colour? (sometimes their supplier might have some older stock on hand and you might luck out?)

EDIT:

If you still have no luck you can either hold out and keep searching until one comes up on the used market or you can sacrifice for the colour and get the Black (same problem as the white so you'll have to find a store that has it in stock) or Black Cherry or you can get the white in the Blackjack ATX version and deal with the lightning bolt.
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Sep 11, 2010,
Yeah, next time I'm at the store I'll see if they can order a white one. I don't mind the Black Cherry one either. I just don't want another black guitar, shows too many fingerprints. Maybe I'll just wait for the Winter NAMM and see if they come out with any new C-8s. I'd like to see a 8 string with a Floyd Rose or a Kahler.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
Last edited by MetalliKH-602 at Sep 11, 2010,
Quote by MetalliKH-602
Yeah, next time I'm at the store I'll see if they can order a white one. I don't mind the Black Cherry one either. I just don't want another black guitar, shows too many fingerprints. Maybe I'll just wait for the Winter NAMM and see if they come out with any new C-8s. I'd like to see a 8 string with a Floyd Rose or a Kahler.

Agile does an 8 string with a Kahler:

http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorpro828ebtribalgreen.html
Quote by AkiraSpectrum

I'm digging the color, and it's in my price range. I wish someone other than Rondo Music carried them though because I'd like to try one out.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
If anyone cares, I got the C-8 in black cherry. Love it.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
Quote by MetalliKH-602
If anyone cares, I got the C-8 in black cherry. Love it.

how is the 8th string? is it sloppy or is it nice and tight?

I'm currently looking for an 8string (my first 8) and have been looking at Schecter as well. The one thing that I might not like about the Schecter 8's is the 26.5 scale, which I for some reason find a bit short for an 8string. Looking at Agile lots of their 8's have 28.63 scale necks, and the Ibanez RG2228 as well. ESP has the Stephen Carpenter 8string with a 27 scale neck. All the 8's with 25.5 scale neck is NO-GO in my book (I love the string tension on the longer necks)! ^^

I'm quite interested in the Schecter C8 Blackjack ATX in satin black, so I wonder: How is it to play? And can you downtune the F# to E without compromising the performance?

EDIT:
and GRATZ btw! ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3