Hello there people.

Just a quick question,

Is it at all possible to swap out my Mesa Express 5:50's pair of 6L6s, for a pair of EL34s?

I digg the sound of this amp for some things that I play, but lately I've been feeling that I would like a more crunchy/British souding amp.

So instead of selling or trading this amp, I thought that a power tube swap could be the solution?

I know that you need to rebias it and what not, but is it at all possible?

Cheers.

x
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Lame, bump-a-lump.

Never 'bumped' before, but I'd like to know the answer to this question.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I'm pretty sure the Express series cannot use EL34s.

Try the boogie boards. Great place for mesa owners and lovers alike.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewforum.php?f=30
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Thanks for the reply mate.

I know you're not supposed to use them with this amp, just wondered if there was any way of doing so.

Cheers for the link.