I've been looking at this

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Gunslinger%20Retro%20Electric%20Guitar%20Black_-1_10052_10002_1151128?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Solid%20Body%20Electric-_-Gunslinger%20Retro%20Electric%20Guitar%20Black-_-BGHOXXXXX

for the price, how are the pick ups? I have around 600 to spend on a good guitar and I listen to mainly rock/metal. I wanted a floyd rose guitar also.

If there are better I can get for this price that are used, or maybe a little more expensive that are worth it, please let me know.

I'm in a hardcore band but I listen to everything from The Beatles to Iron Maiden. To name a few from different genres, Judas Priest, The Rolling Stones, Cream, Pantera, Winds of Plague, and more

Any help is appreciated
Have a look at some LTD ESP's or some Ibanez's, much better imo.
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Quote by richyt93
Have a look at some LTD ESP's or some Ibanez's, much better imo.

This. Or you could get a jackson.
Self proclaimed prophets are great people...
Cant go wrong with jackson.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
WTF?!?!? A normal looking BC rich? Holy ballz! Oh IMO not that because it doesn't have a neck pick-up if you wanna do some nice sweeps.

Here are my recommendations from my experience...

Jackson DXMG dinky: Great all round although you may need to change pick-ups as stock ones are slightly dull. Thin C shaped neck with low action, great balance of lead and rhythm tones.

Ibanez 4EX1: Awesome shred guitar thin D shaped neck with great action, good lead tone from stock pick-ups although the rhythm tone is slightly lacking IMO. This isn't a floyd but it is a tremelo Idk if that metters or not.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

i love my Washburn HM (the 24V is Floyd equipped and has some really high gain pickups stock) i was aimin for an Ibanez but i got the Washburn instead and i prefer the Washburn (and some people are gonna damn me to hell for that statement lol) but find something that has at least 2 humbuckers (most metal guitars do) ive found its much easier to hit those Dimebag-like squeals with and HH setup
Quote by Headphonehead
JACKSON!! the DK2 is about 600euros

This. I've owned one for a little over 5 years. A guitar that lasts, and the trem is pretty good too.
Check it out.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Is the pick-up, the Rockfield Mafia, good enough that I won't have to spend more money to switch the only pick-up out for a new one?
don't get a guitar with one pickup
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne

Yeah, buy a Schecter with 2 pickups and teh c0iil t4pz.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by OliOsbourne

This is some of the stupidest advice I've heard.

That's one of BC Rich's better guitars, and a lot of people will slam it on name alone. That's not a bad call, but this is a decent piece.

How often are you going to use cleans? If you're doing almost entirely distorted leads and such, this will work fine. If you need a clean sound and are the only guitarist, or don't have a guitar to switch to quickly, use your volume knob to clean it up a bit.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
This is some of the stupidest advice I've heard.

That's one of BC Rich's better guitars, and a lot of people will slam it on name alone. That's not a bad call, but this is a decent piece.

How often are you going to use cleans? If you're doing almost entirely distorted leads and such, this will work fine. If you need a clean sound and are the only guitarist, or don't have a guitar to switch to quickly, use your volume knob to clean it up a bit.

Thanks man! And to everyone else who has given advice.

But if I need nice cleans, like you said, I would switch guitars because I have a Strat and LP also. The volume knob thing would work nice, thanks for that advice too.

And so is the stock pick-up that comes in it fine? I don't want to have to replace it, ya know?
I've played one of these and they're great. If you want the BC Rich, go ahead and get it, don't let others sway you If you really want it. The bridge pup handles cleans and distorted good, so you won't have to mess around with it.
Great guitar, probably the only Rich i would spend my money one.

though for that money how about a 2nd hand original one or a charvel/jackson from the 80's and get a real MIJ or MIA guitar with better specs but similar feel and look?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Dengeki_
I've played one of these and they're great. If you want the BC Rich, go ahead and get it, don't let others sway you If you really want it. The bridge pup handles cleans and distorted good, so you won't have to mess around with it.

Alright sweet thanks! I've never really played BC Riches but I'm going to take a guess and say they don't have the best name out there?

EDIT:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-RICH-GUNSLINGER-RETRO-NEON-GREEN-/150478108602?pt=Guitar&hash=item230931b7ba
Is that the same guitar? The pick-up looks different
Last edited by Hamburgular at Sep 12, 2010,
I don't want to advertise or anything, but I'm selling a B.C Rich NJ Deluxe V and it has a floyd and an EMG 81/85 Combo, I'd sell it to you for only $400.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more