Hey everyone, I am looking for a solid state amp to make life easier when i go jamming with friends or just band practice. I got tired of bringing my 6505 head and decided i needed a combo amp that will be loud enough, that'll have a good lead/distortion channel and one were i wouldn't have to buy tubes every now and then. What would you guys recommend?
Why not a tube combo?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Vyper?

Whats your budget?

could get a 6505 combo?

or you sell the 6505 head and buy a higher end combo like a mesa or something.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
No such thing as far as I know. But then again, I haven't studied every single piece of gear in the market, so who knows.
I could get a 6505 combo actually. But i was kind of looking for something where i wouldn't have to replace tubes every so often and would be able to keep at my friends. I play music such as lamb of god, killswitch engage, in flames, etc.
Ibanez Toneblaster maybe? I've heard they're flippin' loud and good for metal.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Ampeg. I can't remember off the top of my head the model name, but they're damn amazing for metal.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Alright, well i'm considering the vypyr. just wondering though i've always wanted to try an orange, anyone have experience with them.
Quote by Syphirous
Alright, well i'm considering the vypyr. just wondering though i've always wanted to try an orange, anyone have experience with them.

The Orange solid states have kind of shitty overdrive, it's pretty muddy. If you're going to get an orange amp, it has to be tube. I'd go with the Vyper.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
ooh i've also got a maxon od-808 that could help me quite a bit with muddyness xD, (forgot to mention)
Last edited by Syphirous at Sep 11, 2010,
well im sorta in between orange CR35LDX and peavey vypyr, just wondering which would serve me better for the cleans and distortion?, (i do have a maxon od-808 to tighten up my distortion)
ummm...

you need a cheap practice amp that's low maintenance...

do some pawn hunting. it's a practice amp, doesn't have to sound good. get whatever's cheap and loud enough to keep up with a drummer. save a few bucks and spend the money on gear you need for your live rig.

EDIT: btw, In Flames ****ing rules. congrats on playing stuff that deserves to be played.
Last edited by GrisKy at Sep 11, 2010,
Ampeg VH140c, SS140c
Crate GX130c, GT-65
Peavey Vypyr 75, maybe a Bandit
Randall amps
Marshall Valvestate 8080
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Trve_Satan
A modelling amp (VT50, Vypyr 100) or a Randall RG75G3, or RG100G3.

fix'd, and that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Raven

Jk
HILT!

Where's Waldo?