i still owe some people. i will get back to them.

the grass was as good as any forest then.

two four-leafed clovers,
the neon sign of a pub
in new york city,
glowing but still somehow hidden
in the night-
a photo text i recieved with the words
"saw this and thought of you"
and i thought of you when i scoured
my yard in the same patch you did
but came back empty handed.
well you know this isn't your most outstanding piece or anything but it is good for what it is and i just wanted to give a nod because i associated with this almost exactly the way it happens here. how peculiar the city and the suburbs and the country can be. i am really glad you posted it. the whole searching for a clover works well from downtown to our yards. i love the line glowing but still somehow hidden in the night. and i love the moment this has brought me.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
This was good, but I think you're more suited to those longer pieces that you do - it allows your ideas to develop and it allows you to go deeper into your thoughts. The start was very effective, but I felt the ending fell flat and this let down the piece overall. I did enjoy this though.
simple piece with complex implications. i liked how much was conveyed in a few short lines. the juxtaposition of the clovers in new york vs. empty grass in the yard speaks volumes without saying anything more, and that is quite impressive. this was a really nice read.
kidhood transcends from then to now, you'll always be in it, and you always were in it, even if you were already a young teen by that time, or maybe you were only five. it's okay if you cant find the clovers anymore... they were there and even if you cant touch them, they always will be there, etched in some neuropathway in your head that people will explain someday. maybe thats all that is important. thats all anything ever is at the end of the day.
so im sorry for your loss, but im glad that you remembered. maybe. maybe i shouldnt be glad, haha. but for now, sure.

you should come see me before it gets cold, if you can. its really nice here and id like to show you my new place and a few fun things to do. also i bought a few packs of parliaments just to see if id like them and theyre okay but i guess im not cool enough to appreciate them lol. start that band soon. im saving my free panera baked good for you.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

thanks all of you, i realize this isn't really outstanding but it does what i think i needed it to do and i'm glad if you got anything out of it.

Saadia - i'd like to do that. i have three day weekends currently so maybe sometime in october? hold onto the parliaments because i haven't gotten a chance to see if i'm cool enough to appreciate them either.
october is great, and the ride here is beautiful when the leaves are changing. i finished the packs but i'll get another when you come haha. you know how to reach me.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

sorry jimi! actually I just yelled to my roommate; she says we can go to uva next weekend. not this coming weekend but the weekend after. is that okay with you? my brother and a few close friends go there so i can stay with them if you think i'm too weird to live with

you can just send me a pm or something, dont want to spam any longer.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja