Page 1 of 2
Back in the 70s, most college graduates sought fulfillment.
Now, most college graduates seek financial stability.

If money weren't an object, how would you live your life differently?

As in, how would you live your life if you didn't need to work to survive?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Last edited by Zombee at Sep 11, 2010,
Do you mean money wasn't an option as in you have no money, or have enough money that you don't really have to worry about anything?
I'd drop out of school, start up a band and give it everything I have.

In reality, I'm gonna finish school, then put the second part of my plan into motion.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I would not be attending college.

I would pursue my own academic interests independently and focus on making music with a close friend back home.

Alas, I need a piece of paper to prove I'm qualified to do shit.
Well, I'd prolly become some sort of philosopher or poet, besides just being a musician.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Alas, I need a piece of paper to prove I'm qualified to do shit.
Yeah, like a piece of paper really means shit. Or college, in some ways. But it does...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 11, 2010,
I'd probably do what I'm doing now anyways. I'm in school for paleontology (dinosaurs), and I've wanted to be a paleontologist since I was 3. I'd do all the same stuff, except maybe I'd live on my own and eat better. Only the minor things would change.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
if i didnt have to worry bout money
id do my own studies
id make music all day
as well as guitars, amps,pedals,babies
i like making things
write books and shit
Quote by Erik_Aero
Smoke weed every day.

Also, this.

That's basically what I did for the second half of the summer. It was intense.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
Also, this.

That's basically what I did for the second half of the summer. It was intense.

It's what I did all summer
Quote by muse-ik
I'd probably do what I'm doing now anyways. I'm in school for paleontology (dinosaurs), and I've wanted to be a paleontologist since I was 3. I'd do all the same stuff, except maybe I'd live on my own and eat better. Only the minor things would change.

Paleontology is not the study of dinosaurs.

I think he means that he's studying dinosaurs under the subject of paleontology.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
I would continue the way I am going, go into college, become smart guy in world of newfound dropouts, run the world.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by Erik_Aero
It's what I did all summer

Aww yeah I have my final exams this year though, so only on weekends until June.
ROLL ON SUMMER 2011! Then college. Sooo much weed.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by muse-ik

Pre-Friends era Ross?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Sep 11, 2010,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Well, I'd prolly become some sort of philosopher or poet, besides just being a musician.

This.

Probably still going to do this, anyways. Hopefully the other way around though; Musician, then philosopher/poet.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Quote by Erik_Aero
Smoke weed every day.

This, plus travel, be with friends, make music...enjoy the shit out of life.
Quote by gacharya
I think he means that he's studying dinosaurs under the subject of paleontology.

I think you're collaborating with him in a plot to destroy Tokyo.
Wait...where did all the Weed Smokers come from? j/k. OT: I'd prolly also do a lot of independent study of things that interested me.
If I had infinite money: I'd pretty much do whatever I felt like, travel the world, buy tons of things, not work, etc.

If there were no money: I guess I'd farm or something, because I'd need to somehow generate a supply of food for myself and something to barter with. All you other philosophers and musicians would soon learn the true meaning of "starving artist."
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by RU Experienced?

...I know that. But 95% of the pit wouldn't know what Paleontology was, so I gave them a little help. I know that paleontology is the study of ancient life based on the fossil record. However, I'm thinking I'll work on dinosaurs, either the bird-dinosaur link, or early tetanurans.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Sit at home, read books, listen to music, play guitar, carry on with my degree. Wouldn't mind travelling at some point as well. Work's not too bad for me though, it gets me out of the house and earns me a little money over the summer. I'd go insane without a job during University summers.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by muse-ik
...I know that.

Imagine if you were going to school for a subject and actually DIDN'T know what the subject was about. Years of studying about something else, just wondering "where the fuck are the dinosaurs?"
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by muse-ik
...I know that. But 95% of the pit wouldn't know what Paleontology was, so I gave them a little help. I know that paleontology is the study of ancient life based on the fossil record. However, I'm thinking I'll work on dinosaurs, either the bird-dinosaur link, or early tetanurans.

But why do you hate the Japanese?
Explore the world for sure, afterwards I would get my masters in English and dedicate my life to writing and music. I think that'd be amazingly fulfilling...in a spiritual sense of course. In actuality I'd probably be eating ham sandwiches exclusively well into my 30's with that sort of idea lol
I don't even know. There are many things I'd like to be good at: Guitar, learn to sing, play drums and write songs, learn to record music, tour the country, learn woodworking and electronics. I guess I'd practice them all.
I don't think I'd like that. A good analogy are videogames. If you use cheats to get infinite money / god mode / whatever, it usually ruins the game. That's what I think would happen in real life, where a lot of things would be devalued by the fact that you would no longer have to work for them.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
I don't think I'd like that. A good analogy are videogames. If you use cheats to get infinite money / god mode / whatever, it usually ruins the game. That's what I think would happen in real life, where a lot of things would be devalued by the fact that you would no longer have to work for them.

Infinite money doesn't ruin GTA. It just makes it a little less annoying when you try to get a haircut but realize you don't have enough money so you have to go kill the people outside the store to take their cash and then the police follow you and you die and then wake up in the hospital and realize you probably should have done a mission so you go to one of your gangsta' friends and ask them if they want you to kill someone and go kill said person and then go to the barber and get a haircut.

Imagine if you didn't have to go though all that in real life to get a haircut!

Although you might have to get in debt to some drug dealers and some pimps and some mobsters to make life interesting when you're so rich. And then you have to work towards not getting killed.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Sell drugs.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
If money was no option, I would still go to college. Just for the experience. Oh yea, and get a '70 Chevelle SS and say "fuck you" to global warming.

Quote by Erik_Aero
Smoke weed every day.

And this.

Edit: Fuck it, I would stay in college my entire life.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Sep 11, 2010,
Honestly, I kind of live like that now.

I hardly ever think about money, ever.

Probably not a good thing, but whatever, one less thing to worry about, at least until I HAVE to worry about it.
so, isit you have loads of money or there is no such thing ?
Fuck it.
I'd get a meaningless BS degree and then go to grad school for viticulture and enology. Then I'd work as an apprentice at a winery and, eventually, open my own winery.

Oh wait.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I would probably just sit around and contemplate existence and philosophy whilst doing recreational drugs all day.
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2