So today I was at a local music shop and I played a made in mexico/america fender "frankenstrat". The body is made in america and the neck is made in mexico. I was just curious to know if anyone else has one or has even heard of one before. It played amazing in my opinion and for 500$ it seems like a great deal.
All in all is all we are
i wouldn't go near it, it sounds like someone broke an original body or neck and just got a replacement of ebay and fitted it
Well, after reading and realizing it's a Fender there's no way I would spend $500 bucks on it.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Yes, it is a good deal. Don't listen to these guys who clearly own Gibsons! No, but it's a good deal. I'm guessing this model is actually a knockoff of Eddie Van Halen's "Frankenstrat". Hell, if I had $500, I'd buy it.
To be honest, I wouldn't pay $500 for it. The American made necks are drastically different from the MIM ones, they're much much higher quality. There's nothing wrong with Fender either, obviously TheLifeguard has never played any higher end models. I'm sure the guitar will sound pretty decent, but I'd bet on having intonation/action/playability problems with a MIM neck.
Last edited by sickstring11 at Sep 11, 2010,
Quote by sickstring11
There's nothing wrong with Fender either, obviously TheLifeguard

/Sarcasm detect fail.

One, I'm clearly a Gibson fanboy. Two, I've played the Eric Johnson signature strat. Fenders just aren't for me.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
If the body is MIA does that include the hardware and the pups? That might justify the $500 price. Even though it have an MIM neck lots of people liked their MIM guitars.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
MIM necks are made in the US or at least they were until recently. this guitar is nothing more than a partscaster so $500 is way to much.
Quote by monwobobbo
this guitar is nothing more than a partscaster so $500 is way to much.

+1. Cheap partscasters are all over Craiglist. And for $500, so are used MIA strats.