Hey guys, I bought a TSL60 head recently. I'm pretty happy with it, but because I play a lot of Death Metal, it is a little lacking.

However, when I'm not playing Death Metal, I'm actually playing worship music at my church. So whichever amp I end up keeping needs to have a lot of versatility.

I just found a really good deal on a Rivera KR55 1x12 combo and was wondering if I should get that and A/B test them, after which I would just sell the one I disliked more...? Is there going to be a monstrous difference between the 2 amps? I've got a 2x12 cab with a v30 and WGS Reaper 50 in it that I've been using for the TSL and could potentially run through the Rivera if I wanted a fuller sound.

I have a TS9 and a Behringer EQ700 to boost/eq the amp(s) for both of my playing styles. (along with Delay/Reverb for worship)
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
I didnt even know there was a combo knucklehead. If it's anything at all like the heads, it'll be a fantastic amp.

But define death metal. Is a pretty broad genre.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Basic answer is: Yes. There's a Rivera combo at a local shop that I can't stop playing because it's so insane. It's got that bright, percussive, searing high gain sound that I love. It's like a flaming tube driven chainsaw with a volume knob. Plus, it has nice reverb and pristine cleans.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
So the "KR55 1x12" is actually a "R55 1x12" from Rivera , must have missed the K.

So now the question is KR55 Head vs. TSL60 Head, I found a pretty good deal on the head version. I will be playing at my church (full band along with 2nd electric guitarist) at pretty good volumes once a week, but for right now, no Metal gigs. I might be joining a local Prog. Rock band soon but not sure for the time being.

There's also no way of me getting my hands on a Rivera in my area, no store here in Charlotte carries them.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
The Rivera will kick the shit out of the TSL for high gain and cleans. And probably crunch too.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I've heard the older Riveras, especially the combos, aren't geared as much towards metal as the newer ones are. I really have no first hand experience with any Rivera, except for the K-Tre though... And if that amp is anything like the K-Tre, it will utterly kick the shit out of the TSL.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com