Hey guys

I have a track called Rites of Eleusis up on myspace which I'd love you guys to check out and give feedback on the song. Its raw and unmixrf, so it's not perfect, and that's kind of the point of this post.
What I'm really hoping you will do is give me some hints and tips on mixing it, EQing it, and adding effects etc. What kind of sound do you think would work well with this song? What VSTs would you recommend for the intro? What other features would you recommend!?

Any help appreciated- thanks

www.myspace.com/mazmuzic
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
Hey dude,

Just a first run through here.

The synth is thin like crazy. I would put an extra pad in there to thicken it up, at least for the intro. Also, the organ tone is......interesting.

Okay, so when I am mixing, I always start with the drums.

They are definitely not loud enough in the mix at all, or the guitar is too loud. I'd have to see your mix levels. To me, I think that starting with mixing the drums and then moving to bass and then guitar from there will give you a much better perspective on this song. Also, the guitar needs to have some serious hi-pass action going on. The low end in it is actually overpowering your kick and basically everything else. Even just changing this will make a BIG difference in clarity in your mix. If there is a bass guitar in there, I sure can't hear it. It honestly just sounds like a muddy low end mess that the guitar is creating.

Also, your lead tone, to be honest is not the greatest in the world. Could use some work there.

I really think that once you work on just these things, your mix will open up a lot, and you will find your mix sounding much more polished already.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
alright awesome man- thanks for the tips- good to have a starting place.

what you think about the song specifically? or is the poor mix too much in the way for you to enjoy the song?:P:P
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
Quote by Cytagasm
alright awesome man- thanks for the tips- good to have a starting place.

what you think about the song specifically? or is the poor mix too much in the way for you to enjoy the song?:P:P

I can't really rate the song based on the mix as is. Once things change, I would be able to no problem.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.