My Yamaha F 325 busted a string, i bought a set of Martin Acoustic SP Phosphor Bronze Medium stings and they sound like ass!! My guitar sounded pretty good with the original strings, i cant find any info on what this guitar came with. Any suggestions for finding great sounding strings?
you didnt like those strings try a different set maybe you got the gauge wrong
may i recommend d'addario phosphor bronse
I used Martin Acoustic SP Phosphor Bronze Light and then Extra Lights and loved the sound they had when they were fresh on my acoustic. Try the lighter gauges like supersac suggested.
Try D'darios super coated 11's. In my opinion they sound awesome.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
first off, i suggest you wait a few days. it takes 3 to 5 days for the string newness to wear off. usually they change character after that.

second, pretty sure your guitar came with light strings. might want to try d'addario phosphor bronze lights, not mediums.

i don't care for the sound of coated strings quite as much on some guitars, but on the other hand, they do last a lot longer.
Martin SP are great strings. Let them settle down but also Martin mediums are like other manufacturers heavy gauge so lights or xls is what you need. Guy in guitar shop should have told you that mate. Ive bought these from loads of different places over the years and they always have mentioned it to me.
my favorite all purpose strings are d'addario phosphor bronze lights or extra lights, my favorite strings to add brilliance and tame boom are dr rare phosphor bronze, i love martin silk and steels as they work magic for any guitars that are overbright or not warm enough or sound thin, and martin bronze and steels to take down the brightness but add a little brilliance.
I agree on waiting a few days for them to settle in and get a bit worn. They can be a bit bright at first. You might be used to "dead" strings, too, in which case nothing will sound like that anytime soon.
Quote by RandyEllefson
I agree on waiting a few days for them to settle in and get a bit worn. They can be a bit bright at first. You might be used to "dead" strings, too, in which case nothing will sound like that anytime soon.

Actually, if you want a set of strings that is just overly warm take a look at either DR Sunbeams, or Red Brand Strings.

Personally, I believe the DR strings, as the Red Brand strings do sound rather dead from the start; the DRs on the other hand just sound very warm, but still have a lot of character to them. You might just not be a fan of bright sounding strings. I personally love the way a brand new set of strings sounds.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature