Hello all, I just purchased a Yorkville 400B bass head (400w into 4ohms, solid state) and a Peavey 410TVX 4ohm cab. This was replacing my Fender Rumble 100 combo with a 1x15 speaker. However, I was extremely disappointed to find that the amp could not even be heard over the drummer (was just me and the drummer jamming, so no guitar or anything to compete with). Both the volume and gain knobs were maxed and so was the volume on my bass. My old combo could handle the same drummer in the same room at like 6-7 on the volume knob, but I upgraded so I would have more headroom. Any idea what could have been the problem?
Bass

Fender Aerodyne P-Bass Special (CIJ)
Yorkville 400B head and Eden 2x10 Cab

Guitar
Godin SDxt with rare lacewood top
Peavey Studio Pro 40
Line 6 POD xt live
Quote by hall1k
Hello all, I just purchased a Yorkville 400B bass head (400w into 4ohms, solid state) and a Peavey 410TVX 4ohm cab. This was replacing my Fender Rumble 100 combo with a 1x15 speaker. However, I was extremely disappointed to find that the amp could not even be heard over the drummer (was just me and the drummer jamming, so no guitar or anything to compete with). Both the volume and gain knobs were maxed and so was the volume on my bass. My old combo could handle the same drummer in the same room at like 6-7 on the volume knob, but I upgraded so I would have more headroom. Any idea what could have been the problem?

The only thing I can really think of is how traynor amps are ridiculously bassy but have very little cut even with the mids and treble boosted. That being said a 4X10 should be able to get over a drummer for sure. I'm thinking you need to try a new eq. How are you eq'd?
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni