I am considering buying the Line6 POD Studio UX1. On the product page it says:

"Fix it in the mix. Record a dry signal while monitoring a fully processed POD® tone. Don’t commit to a tone until you’re ready."

I assume they mean with no noticeable latency. So they're saying that the guitar signal can be sent through the UX1 to my laptop, be processed by PodFarm in Reaper and sent back through the UX1 to my stereo for real-time monitoring (along with a backing track), and there's no audible latency?

How can it be? Wouldn't you need ASIO, and even then, could it really be done?

My laptop isn't that fast (1,3GHz, 4GB ram, crappy standard sound card)
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
yeah.

most interfaces can do that. it's not zero latency, but it's not noticeable. technically, zero latency is impossible so you just go with the best you can.

on a different note, i recommend committing to a tone during tracking. yeah you'll screw up and wish you could change it a few times at first, but down the line it will make you much better and faster at good decision making and will help your mixing skills in more aspects than just guitar tone.
If you record on any DAW with effects on, you can always turn them off post-recording
Quote by pdawson
If you record on any DAW with effects on, you can always turn them off post-recording

I know how DAW's work, thanks. I was merely asking if it was possible to monitor a wet (post-plugin) signal while recording, without too much latency.
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
I have a GX and it does great on my computer if you're not running a bunch of shit at the same time. If you are it'll start crackling and you'll need to up your buffer.

But it does really good latency wise. It has it's own ASIO.
POD Studios act as a sound card when they are hooked up, and come with ASIO drivers. You certainly can monitor the tracks with effects in place. I can usually run 8-10 instances of POD Farm before I get any noticeable slowdown, though my processor is a 2.4 Ghz dual core

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm