I was reading The Metamorphosis for an assignment the other day and it made me think about how my life has changed so much from what it was a few years ago, but I didn't even realize it because it happened gradually. Now, I barely remember what I was like before other than what people tell me.

How have your lives changed? Was it due to a single event or did it happen over time with cumulative experiences?
cat
People never change, they just fool themselves into thinking they do.

Meanwhile, we lizard people find that we are very susceptible to single shocking events.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I expected Tupac.
There's no Tupac.
My life is changed by you disappointing me.
I used to be naive and idealistic.

Then I became cognizant of the world around me and learned how people treat each other. Then I became cognizant of how I treat myself and how I treat other people. Now I'm pessimistic.
Is that the book about the guy that turns into a cockaroach?
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

I guess I've changed a lot... I was really shy and quiet a couple of years ago. It's kind of shocking to look at old photos of me.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by maidenrulz19
Is that the book about the guy that turns into a cockaroach?

Yes it was by Franz Kafka.

I haven't changed much.
STಠ_ಠ
I used to have no friends because I was a dick.

Tried to not be a dick..

Got friends.
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Edit: ^I try to be nice to people and I still don't have any friends.

I've gone from a guy who liked to have fun and didn't give a **** to the pessemistic, whiny, naive asshole I am. I miss three years ago and before.

Edit: Yeah man, where the **** is Pac?
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Sep 11, 2010,
My life is changing in so many ways. I don't know who to trust anymore. There's a shadow running through my days, like a beggar going from door to door.

I was thinkin that maybe I'd get a maid. Find a place nearby for her to stay. Just someone to keep my house clean, cook my meals then go away.

A MAAAAAAAAAAAAA---AAAAA-AAAA--AAAAAID.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I've changed.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by RU Experienced?
I used to be naive and idealistic.

Then I became cognizant of the world around me and learned how people treat each other. Then I became cognizant of how I treat myself and how I treat other people. Now I'm pessimistic.

This. And I'm only 15. I'll probably go through another idealistic period, then get angry at the world, then be alright again...
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by StratoCatser
This. And I'm only 15. I'll probably go through another idealistic period, then get angry at the world, then be alright again...

Good luck broseph, as long as you don't get caught up in nihilism you should be alright...ish.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Sep 12, 2010,
I also expected Tupac.

change is part of life. I just learned that I was not jaded when I was seven. apparently, I am now. I also didn't mind sunlight. and was more clumsy.
I've definitely matured in the past year or so, mostly due to my girlfriend and the eye-opening car crash. I used to try and be friends with everyone, make everyone happy, but in realizing that this just allows people to manipulate me, I started to not care about being in agreement with everyone and started stating my views openly, and it's been only a positive thing. I can't really think of too much more right now... I'm still somewhat in the process of altering who I am to suit who I ultimately want to be. I've done it before, and it's happening again. It's only a matter of time, really.
i changed. i learned to stop letting myself believe the world revolved around me and all that stuff you think as a kid like if you're happy, so is everybody else
sig-less
i've turned nerd to rocker. srsly
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Amos_Moses
I expected Tupac.
There's no Tupac.
My life is changed by you disappointing me.

that's just the way it is, bro.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I gained weight, so...Compare my life to a caterpillar, except, instead of coming out as a butterfly (gay lol), I came out of my cocoon as a slightly fatter caterpillar.