The other day I was thinking about how awesome it would be if Pantera did a show or two in memory of dime, having guitarists that are favorites of dime, dime fans, or friends of dime. So I was wondering who others would like to see on stage paying homage to Dimebag Darrel Abbot?

An obvious choice is Synster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold after they did a cover of Walk and the guitar part sounded pretty good. I feel like he could keep up with Dimes playing.

Another obvious choice is one of Dimebags friends, Edward Van Halen. They share similar styles and were great pals. (Dime was buried with Eddies yellow and black charvelle)
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5
No Dime, no Pantera.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
lrn2frontpage. There was an article two days ago with Phil saying that it'd never happen. But I like the idea anyway.
EDIT: And it's 'Charvel'.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Doesn't the Ride for Dime have shows at it? (I don't really know anything about it)

Zakk Wylde is still a big part of the Dime memorial stuff that goes on. They used to be really close. I'm sure he'd have a part in it.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Zakk and dime were great buds but they're playing is totally different. Dime is very legatto and Zakk picks most notes. Kerry king wouldn't work. Kerry = thrash metal. Dime = groove metal.
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Line 6 M-5
Quote by Thrasher51
lrn2frontpage. There was an article two days ago with Phil saying that it'd never happen. But I like the idea anyway.
EDIT: And it's 'Charvel'.

I doubt it ever will. Actually, I know it never will. But a man can dream, right?
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Line 6 M-5
Ts
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
I think I'd hate anyone who tried to be Dime. Why can't people just leave it as it is?

If they really did do this, there would be a hundred threads saying 'Zakks cashing in on Dime's death!'
Quote by Acap0624
Zakk and dime were great buds but they're playing is totally different. Dime is very legatto and Zakk picks most notes. Kerry king wouldn't work. Kerry = thrash metal. Dime = groove metal.

you know, because guitarists are completely unable to play anything that doesnt fit their specific signature sound..

i guess it wouldnt suprise me with kerry king though
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Tom Morello, Santana, and Dan Drogan
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Purely Youtube players

1) They're obviously some of the biggest fans
2) Many have proven they can handle Dime's playing pretty damn well
3) That would simply be cool as shit from the other members and people organizing
4) Likely something Dime would like...he used to play shows with random local bands

As for people saying Zakk and Dime had different styles...uh obviously. But Zakk is a monster, let's stop pretending he doesn't know how to do legato effectively lmao...like that would really make such a drastic difference anyway.

The intro solo here is perfect reason for not excluding Zakk, especially for something so silly as "argh he picks a lot more than Dime!!":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMIrMdribQo

On a random note, I don't know how Tremonti's playing all that well (I'm sure he could learn the songs), but I know he has a lot of respect for Dime. I wouldn't mind seeing him up there.

No matter what, we keep Mustaine away I don't care about the circumstances on Gigantour, he had his shot and really didn't hit the spot in the least bit. God that almost ruined the Cemetery Gates solo for me forever.
Last edited by RockInPeaceDime at Sep 12, 2010,
Quote by gacharya
Tom Morello, Santana, and Dan Drogan

+1 to Dan. The disturbed guys (especially mike and dan) are huge Pantera fans. Obviously no one is going to be able to do Dime 'justice' so why not let people who loved and respected him and Pantera do it.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
The Trivium guys are big Dime fans I'm sure.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Quote by RockInPeaceDime

No matter what, we keep Mustaine away I don't care about the circumstances on Gigantour, he had his shot and really didn't hit the spot in the least bit. God that almost ruined the Cemetery Gates solo for me forever.

+ 3020329

jesus that was god awful
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"

Good Lord, no.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by RockInPeaceDime

On a random note, I don't know how Tremonti's playing all that well (I'm sure he could learn the songs), but I know he has a lot of respect for Dime. I wouldn't mind seeing him up there.

Have a listen to 'Creed - Overcome' and 'Alter Bridge - Ties That Bind'

Believe me man, Tremonti is more than capable.
Tribute shows happen all the time, im sure theres a lot of Pantera fans in every country who are capable of pulling off a good show for Dime. Ive been going to one wich is held in Finland, the tour is called Dimebag Beyond Forever. The band is formed by members of varying bands from finnish metal scene, some players from more famous bands, some are basically never-heard-of people. They might not be like Dime or the rest of Pantera was but everytime I have been there and if I didnt look at stage I could think im in a Pantera show, they are freaking great everytime. Closest I can get hearing Pantera live.

http://www.myspace.com/dimebagbeyondforever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abIYNvB-OZ4

Getcha pull!
No, this is stupid. And I hate the stock Pantera/Dimebag fans that say "getcha pull" and pretend they drink black tooth grins. Ugh.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Jesus Christ, the man died how many years ago? Just leave it alone.

Besides, Randy Rhoads was a far better player, yet I never see anyone missing him

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance