I need color (and by color I mean wood) suggestions for this:

This is just to show you what shape I want to use. One shade of orange will be one color (wood type) while the other shade will be another.

Simple right?

Oh, and it needs to go well and contrast nicely with this.

Photoshop mockups are always cool.

My two favorites will be used, and I'll come up with some sort of superficial "honor" type prize that you probably won't care about.

TLDR: Make a pretty star out of your favorite exotic woods
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Quote by Tone Deaf
I need color (and by color I mean wood) suggestions for this:

This is just to show you what shape I want to use. One shade of orange will be one color (wood type) while the other shade will be another.

Simple right?

Oh, and it needs to go well and contrast nicely with this.

Photoshop mockups are always cool.

My two favorites will be used, and I'll come up with some sort of superficial "honor" type prize that you probably won't care about.

TLDR: Make a pretty star out of your favorite exotic woods

Why not use the wood of your choice and stain if necessary to get the colours right?
I don't want those colors. I just needed a picture of a star to show what I was talking about. I'd prefer not to use stains. I would rather just use some exotic woods.
-Edgar Degas
I gotcha. Well, why not google exotic woods and pick two that you like?

At the end of the day it's your star and you have to like it. It's like someone asking what colour to spray their guitar. We can suggest all the colours under the sun, but they're no good unless you're happy with it.
Flamed sycamore and Sapele.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Flamed sycamore and flamed koa, just so you can have the conversation:

Them: Wow, that's beautiful flamed maple in that star!

You: HAH! The joke's on you! It's flamed sycamore!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I know what exotic woods look like ha. But these aren't for me

Zebrawood and purple-heart sound sexual. I like that. Or maybe zebrawood and blood-wood.

Flamed Koa looks too close in shade and color to the bocote that'll be surrounding it. Same for sapele though I do love the both of those.

Flamed maple or sycamore would both work nicely for a lighter color. I think i'd be able to get my hands on maple somewhat easier though.

I'll do some mock-ups later using different combinations of the flamed maple, sycamore, zebrawood, purple-heart, and bloodwood.
-Edgar Degas