greetings to all visitors of this thread!

im in a pursue for a new guitar. i currently own an ARIA MAC-45 and its ok.
im playing music from punk to metal. my plan is to use it most of the time as a rythm
guitar but sometimes also as a solo guitar

im a gibson las paul fan, but i dont want to be tricked just by similarity in looks by epiphone, i want to find something that trully sounds like it, even if that means its something else. So, any hints, advice or comments between these two guitars?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=44&CollectionID=6

Ibanez ART120
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_serbia.html

Thanks for any kind of reply!
if you want a les paul get the epi, if you want a high quality les paul copy get the art120

bear in mind that you will be posting threads with topic headers such as

"i can`t intonate my epiphone" and "pickup selector switch problems" if you buy the epi, alll of which require hardware upgrades.
Las Paul!!!!
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Get a Vintage (Vintage is a guitar brand) Les Paul if you can. They have better woods than Epis I believe and cost about the same.
Quote by ibanezgod1973

bear in mind that you will be posting threads with topic headers such as

"i can`t intonate my epiphone" and "pickup selector switch problems" if you buy the epi, alll of which require hardware upgrades.

so basically, you think ibanez (or epi+ a couple hundreds of dollars for fixing problems)

Quote by Snowman388
Las Paul!!!!

any particular reason?
Quote by sranje
so basically, you think ibanez (or epi+ a couple hundreds of dollars for fixing problems)

any particular reason?

you just need to upgrade the toggle switch to a genuine gibson switch which is not expensive at all *even cheaper if you do it yourself....it`s not hard, epi les pauls are generally good they tend to have known issues that they don`t seem to rectify at the factory/design stage.

both are intermediate guitars however the ibby just feels nicer in my hands......i don`t even play my gibson LP anymore, i wouldn`t sell it though
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 12, 2010,
so, what do you think i should upgrade to get the real gibson ls feeling?

i see you own one so i guess you are the man i should talk to!

thank you for your posts
i`ll let someone else have their input on the epi vs gibson idea, as my LP is 12 years old and they have changed a little in that time. as i said i don`t even play it any more.
Quote by Jyrgen
Get a Vintage (Vintage is a guitar brand) Les Paul if you can. They have better woods than Epis I believe and cost about the same.

+1
got a great quality vintage v100 in sunburst with a flame maple veneer about a month ago and totally happy with it...
and the best about it is the price: 250€!!!!!
Quote by philipp2903
+1
got a great quality vintage v100 in sunburst with a flame maple veneer about a month ago and totally happy with it...
and the best about it is the price: 250€!!!!!

yeap but im not really sure how to find one of those anywhere in my area

Quote by ibanezgod1973
i`ll let someone else have their input on the epi vs gibson idea, as my LP is 12 years old and they have changed a little in that time. as i said i don`t even play it any more.

thank you mate i really appreciate your effort and you replies. thank you!
if you remember anything that you think could be relevant, hints or advice for both guitar or upgrading please come back and leave a post.

thank you!!
Last edited by sranje at Sep 12, 2010,
so anyone to say something else??

any vintage owners and their impressions?