Hey guys, i've been looking up pedals, and i think i have decided on my board.

Boss TU-3 - Tuner
BOSS DD-7 - Delay
Boss RC-20XL - Looper
ISP Decimator - Noise Gate
Morley Tremonti - Wah
MXR 10 Band EQ - EQ
EHX Small Clone - Chorus
Ernie Ball EB6166 - Volume Pedal
Ibanez TS-9

Voodoo labs II Power
Pedal Train 2 board

Off course, i'm not buying these all in one go, over 4-5 months.
I'm basically just looking for your ideas, criticisms and recommendations.
I'm still debating on the DD7 / MXR Carbon copy. Any experiences?

I Play Metalcore, Hardcore, Thrash and a bit of Death.

Cheers.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Last edited by Dannnn_xD at Sep 12, 2010,
Ok honestly i dont see the point in a looper, Morpheus Drop Tune and both a reverb and delay.
tuner id get a Korg pitchblack
Delay id get the DD7
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I own a carbon copy delay and like it a lot. Some say its dark, but I may not have noticed because my amp is kinda bright. The DD7 is cool, I don't think its as sounds as good tone wise(still sounds good though), but it blows the doors off the carbon copy as far as features.
^Loopers are teh shizz. Especially for practice at home. Though the 20 is overkill since loopers are pretty awkward to use live.
Look into the akai headrush; digital delay and a looper.

I wouldnt get the RV5; ehx holy grail/cathedral, digitech hardwire reverb, malekko chicklet, tech 21 boost RVB

And as for the tuner id say either the pitchblack, or the GFS tuner (practically the same as the korg).

If you really need the versatility of the DD7 do it, if you're looking for something more warm and natural, malekko 616.

Everything else looks okay, though id say consider the 6 band MXR or a rack EQ, the 10 band is overkill, and kinda expensive for what it is.
Last edited by beckyjc at Sep 12, 2010,
Quote by beckyjc
^Loopers are teh shizz. Especially for practice at home. Though the 20 is overkill since loopers are pretty awkward to use live.
Look into the akai headrush; digital delay and a looper.

I wouldnt get the RV5; ehx holy grail/cathedral, digitech hardwire reverb, malekko chicklet, tech 21 boost RVB

And as for the tuner id say either the pitchblack, or the GFS tuner (practically the same as the korg).

If you really need the versatility of the DD7 do it, if you're looking for something more warm and natural, malekko 616.

Everything else looks okay, though id say consider the 6 band MXR or a rack EQ, the 10 band is overkill, and kinda expensive for what it is.

Yeah i'm getting the looper for home practice.
Why the Korg over TU-3?
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
ditching the 'verb.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Korg just looks better and has better features to use
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Cause the Korg is True bypass whereas the boss has a buffer, although im not sure of the quality of the buffer on the tu-3, it may aguably help your signal (however you have other buffers in your chain)

I would reccomend the Sonic research turbo tuner over the tu-3 and the pitchblack basically because it is the most accurate tuner around. You can get it from their site for 129.

For delays,

look into:

Hardwire DL-8
Mad Professor Deep blue (if you dont really need the features)
Malekko 616
Have you tried a Line 6 M13? It's worth at least taking a look at.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by bogg808

For delays,

look into:

Hardwire DL-8
Mad Professor Deep blue (if you dont really need the features)
Malekko 616

Wouldn't a delay/looper combo be confusing to operate in live situations? as teh looper will only be used in practice anyway.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Quote by FacingUsAll
Have you tried a Line 6 M13? It's worth at least taking a look at.

Hell Yeah! Get al that and more for $500. Get the M9 if you need more space for $400.

Anyway, I would get a Black Label Chorus, and a Crybaby. I also like the GE-7, and the NS-2.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Seems like an OK list.

I'd get the TCElectronics Polytune instead of the Boss tuner.
I really like the DD7.
Loopers are awsome, I don't know much about them, but they're cool.
Noise gates sometimes aren't as required as you may think.
Never owned a wah, but Morley make quality stuff.
Great EQ pedal, you made not need 10 bands, 6 might be okay, but it dosn't matter much.
Small Clone, great classic chorus pedal.
I can't think of a use for a volume pedal, unless you wanna do volume swells all the time.
That drop tune thing is extremely gimmicky if you ask me, sounded digital in the demo I heard too, I bet you would hardly use it.

"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Thanks guys, your really helping chiip down what i don't need.

Also, i'm not really into the whole multi-fx/footcontrolled thing. Most of my effects are to jazz up my clean channel, and even then i can just get a carl martin footswitch and set up pre-made stomps.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Fairly decent, though you could make some changes. A Digitech Jamman is better than that Boss looper, and I wouldn't bother with the DropTune. Gimmicky and poor sound quality were the impressions I got from demos I've heard.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
You could get a Line 6 DL4 which has a ton of delay options as well as a looper.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Section 5
Fairly decent, though you could make some changes. A Digitech Jamman is better than that Boss looper, and I wouldn't bother with the DropTune. Gimmicky and poor sound quality were the impressions I got from demos I've heard.

The jam man is a hell of a lot more though, isn't it?

Also, is it worth while with the vol pedal?
i thought it would be usefull as im a lead player.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack