Hey

So ive had my Jackson for a few days and im not liking the seymour duncan pups that are in there. JB bridge and a Jazz neck, the neck i can get along with atm, its just the bridge im not liking.

Im thinkin bout changing it to a Dimarzio, Ive had a look on the website and found the D activator X, Super distortion and maybe a Tone Zone.

Im thinkin one of the above pickups or maybe get a Bare Knuckle Nailbomb

What do you think?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
If you're interested in Bare Knuckle pickups, I'd definitely suggest shooting them an email with your gear and what you're interested in. They are very helpful
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
You should check out an SD Custom 5. For reals. JB's are garbage compared to SD's other pickups - I have no idea why the JB come stock in every guitar with SD's.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^+1 I'm also not a fan of the JB. I replaced mine with a GFS Vintage '59 and never looked back
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
My Freaking lord the Tone Zone is AmAZING!
with the tone zone @ the bridge
and Air nortan at the neck.

it'll be your dream.
trust me!
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
I've got both the Tone Zone and Super Distortion. The Tone Zone does everything from cleans to mid-high gain well; I wouldn't use it for modern high gain. The Super Distortion does low gain overdrive to modern high gain well but cleans are nothing to write home about.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
What do you want to change about the tone? What are the neck/body woods?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Before getting rid of your JB, consider a polepiece adjustment. There was a thread here a few years ago where a guy made some minor adjustments to the polepieces on his JB and said it was a new pickup afterwards. Maybe search it up or try and find a similar guide online.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Dimarzio X2N?
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
I'm not really sure why I don't like it. Just never been a fan of SDs tbh. I might try that polepiece thingy first.
I'm after a warmer/thick/more clarity sound. The body is alder maple neck with a Floyd bridge.
Any one played rock monkey pups?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals