One has a floyd rose, one doesn't.

In terms of 'staying in tune'..Lets say for the floyd rose, I never touch the trem arm, and all I do is big bends/vibratos.
As opposed to the locked bridge, big bends/vibrato's.

Which will stay in tune more? (If that makes sense).
What other differences will there be?

I barely touch my trem arm on my ibanez..
I'm trying to decide on whether to ditch floyd roses or not :/
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Last edited by whoahesgood at Sep 12, 2010,
Ditch the floyd, you'll have just as good tuning stability if you set up the guitar right.

If you have real bad problems, you can put locking tuners on the guitar. But its a quality buy, and it will hold its tuning well.
I think trems are okay, as long as you stick to one kind of tuning. And having the patience to adjust everything once in a while, there are just so much more maintenance with trems compared to fixed bridges.

You can always lock the trem and use it like a fixed bridge, but then you can probably just buy the fixed bridge guitar and keep the money
I think that if you don't use the trem very frequently, you should stick to a guitar without it. It's easier to change strings/tunings and it'll give you more sustain.
If you're not using a Floyd Rose don't get one. You'll save yourself what, $100? $150? Not to mention a lot of time restringing and setting it up.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
The one with the trem will have better tuning stability, but you'll sacrifice an assload of sustain for that. So what's more important to you? Also, unless you completely block it, bends will never really sound right on a trem guitar if you do more than one string at a time.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X