I'm pretty comfortable with most of the common open chords. I'm working on improving my power chords and barre chords and am getting better at them. I usually run through the minor pentatonic scale with a metronome at 120 or 140. I practice hammer ons and pull offs for every finger. I'm learning Tears in Heaven and Romanza. What else should I be doing aside from what I already am?
Learn the major scale and how to build chords off it.
Work on your picking technique (remember to relax to play faster)
Learn Aeolian scale in all positions, then start learning notes on the fretboard.

There's loads of stuff you can do.
Learn the CAGED system for major and minor scales. It's 5 different ways to play a major/minor scale based off of chord shapes. Once you have that down, it's easy to learn the different modes off of those scale shapes.
Quote by piszczel
Learn Aeolian scale in all positions, then start learning notes on the fretboard.

Do not confuse the newbs with modal names, they have no place outside of modal application.

TS: Try getting your head around some theory; learn the major scale well (not as a series of shapes), learn the notes of the fretboard, learn how to build chords. Simple theory like that.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.