In my latest search for the ultimate electric, I tried a ton of different neck profiles and found that my hands really liked the neck profile of a 1992 Ibanez RT Viper neck and (not surprisingly) a Sadowsky strat style neck.

Based on a bit of web digging, both necks had rosewood fretboards, maple neckwood and roughly 12" radius fretboards.

I found the Ibanez neck stats on Ibanez wiki as follows:

Scale: 25.5"
Width 42mm at nut
Width at last fret 56mm
Thickness at 1st fret 19.5mm
Thickness at 12th fret 21.5mm
Radius 305mm

Based on this, I've decided I want to try to put together a parts guitar (or ideally find something that's production but less than $1000) that matches this neck profile very closely.

Any suggestions on either (i) a specific parts neck like "Warmoth Pro Bla bla bla" or (ii) a production model guitar like Fender American Standard bla bla bla would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for reading!
Buy an Ibanez neck that matches those specs?

There are tons of Ibby parts on Ebay and other sites like Ibanez Rules and the like.Warmoth also makes a "Wizard" contour neck,but it's not AANJ compatible (Don't know if you want an AANJ neck or not) and I'm not sure on the exact dimensions of it.

Edit: I also think the Wizard II is pretty close to those specs,but I think the radius is a bit larger by like 40 or 50 mm IIRC.You could pick up a newer S series for $800 with a Wizard II then use the rest of your budget on a pup swap and end up with a sweet players instrument.

Here's the specs on the Wizard II:

Scale/Length 648mm/25.5"
a: Width at Nut 43mm
b: Width Last Fret 56mm
c: Thickness 1st Fret 19mm
d: Thickness 12th Fret 21mm
Radius 400mm

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Sep 12, 2010,
Thanks for the tips guys. The wizard II doesn't really work for me as it feels much more like a big flat U versus the C feel of the two necks above.

Any other thoughts?
Most ESP (Horizon / Eclipse / Viper) will fit right in. If you're on a sub-$1000 budget then I am strongly recommend a ESP LTD Deluxe series.

Also, take a look into Cort KX lines. The KX-Custom especially. They should have quite similar profile to your preferred spec.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Sep 12, 2010,
I definitely wouldn't suggest a Wizard II, the RT has the Viper/Ultra neck profile, it feels completely different from a Wizard.
TS, a soft V profile would suit you quite well, thats what the Viper is.