Got the new Epi Les Paul and it is sweet looking and from the box it sounds just as sweet! http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/2/8/8/655288.jpg
That picture definately does not do it justice! It is a studio version so I guess that is why they didnt install a pick guard. I am considering buying a custom wooden pickguard from Ebay and installing it myself.. It is just 2 screw holes.. I was looking at the limited lifetime guarentee and the service contract I bought from Guitar Center (3 years parts/labor, 10 years neck and body defects).. They both concure with, NO MODIFICATIONS.. I am wondering if I put 2 scews into it for a pickguard, if they consider this a MOD and blows my warrentee.. GEESE there is always something!
happy ngd. sweet guitar. my friend has the same one and ive played it a few times. you will not be disappointed. unless of course the headstock falls off, which seems to be a common problem for epi les pauls. as for your question, i think it looks cooler without a pickguard anyway. plus guitar center can and will screw you out of anything whenever they can, so it probably would cancel your warranty
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
atleast my guitar center has a repair/mod shop thing going on, maybe if they did the work they would keep the warranty.. if nothing else call one and ask, beautiful guitar btw
Quote by (sic)duckmaggot
happy ngd. sweet guitar. my friend has the same one and ive played it a few times. you will not be disappointed. unless of course the headstock falls off, which seems to be a common problem for epi les pauls. as for your question, i think it looks cooler without a pickguard anyway. plus guitar center can and will screw you out of anything whenever they can, so it probably would cancel your warranty

Yeah, there is a huge debate with les pauls to leave the pick guard on or take it off, and just what to do about the holes in the guitar if you decide to take it off. Consensus is that they just put the screws back in. I guess if mine gets scratched up enough I can always put a pick guard on to hide the scratches.. If I do get the pick guard it will be custom made from hardwood with a cool grain pattern, like birdseye maple or ash. Definately not going to stick a piece of cream colored plastic on there! I can't see why a $1500.00 Gibson would have the same cheap piece of plastic for a pickguard as and Epi does.. I am not fond of that look really, but if it was made out of hardwood with a nice subtle stain, it might look pretty sharp! I know it's not a Gibson and it might have some issues but with the service contract I am covered for a while, heheh well unless I mod it,UGHHH
Quote by halfj06
atleast my guitar center has a repair/mod shop thing going on, maybe if they did the work they would keep the warranty.. if nothing else call one and ask, beautiful guitar btw

Thanks halfj06.. I came in here a few weeks ago wondering what to buy, either a MIM strat or a G400 Epiphone SG.. And most of the replies were about comparing apples to oranges. Being new to this, how is one to know? So I said screw it, I will put my pride aside and be intimidated amoung all the Guitar Center "players" and play some of the chords I know and the pentatonic scale and feel what guitar feels best, because the limitations of my playing, wont let me "hear" what one I like the best.
I saw this one on the top shelf with the simplicity of the body and the raw beauty of the wood, and it just sucked me in. Played it for a bit and put it down trying to focus on the Strats or the SGs.. And I couldn't. Walked out of the store and went on the internet and did some research on it.. The reviews are awesome.. Rest is history.
Now I am just hoping, being new to playing guitar, like this guitar's simplicity, it will transform my naiveté into something brilliant. And we can both shine together.
The Guitar Center next to me has a repair/mod shop, I will call them and ask them if I pay for them to put 2 screws in.. (UGHHH I can't believe I have to pay someone to twist 2 wood screws in) if it will void my warrenty, and I will get them to put it in writting, if it they say it doesn't.
nice guitar man,I got one in white.
My Sound Makers
ESP Eclipse II
Epi Les Paul Studio
Fender Blues Jr.