when i chug on the low E, it goes out of tune after a few chugs. i have 11's tuned to E flat. Whats the problem and how can i fix it?
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
hi there,

You may want to make sure the end wraped with the ball is properly sitted into the tall piece/bridge. This is where i'd look first. Without knowing what kind of guitar, it could also be the actual tuning machine head, they all tend to fail depending on age, string tensions, and they way the guitar is played, but were talking about 10-20 years worth of dive bombs, unless they are just cheap. If they are i'd sugest changing them out for anything in the aftermarket.

Is it just the low E string? Or do all the strings loses tune, also what tuning is the guitar in? lots of info needed.

Check it out and let me know how it goes. cheers
Last edited by jonathant83 at Sep 12, 2010,
Are these new strings or old strings, TS? You really need to give us more info. How long have the strings been on the guitar? How often do you play your guitar? Etc.
the strings are a week old and every other strings stays in tune pretty good. i have locking pegs. rarely use the bar since its a strat and its maybe 8 months old
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Last edited by meow1992 at Sep 12, 2010,
You may wanna try to lubricate the contact points between the string and the nut/bridge. Fender recommends lip balm, which is what I use to fix tuning problems on my strat. Works very good for me.
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
Quote by meow1992
the strings are a week old and every other strings stays in tune pretty good. i have locking pegs. rarely use the bar since its a strat and its maybe 8 months old

Then stretch your strings out. All of them. Move your fingers along the fretboard and give your strings a gentle tug (using your picking hand, down by the bridge) every 3rd or 4th fret.