Any point swapping the stock LH-100 pups on my LTD? Keep in mind, an ME070 is due to arrive any day now and intend to swap my MG for a tube amp next eyar (ATM looking at the Bugera 6262/333XL).

If so, any suggestions?

Play mostly metal. Iron Maiden, CoB, In Flames, Dream Theater, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity, Periphery are a few of the tones I love.
dont get active pickups. no soul.

i swapped my stock pups (on my PRS SE custom) for a dimebucker and a duncan distortion.

btw dont get a bugera. they make non-quality products. it wont have the punch you're looking for for that metalz.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Quote by Panasonic3
dont get active pickups. no soul.

i swapped my stock pups (on my PRS SE custom) for a dimebucker and a duncan distortion.

btw dont get a bugera. they make non-quality products. it wont have the punch you're looking for for that metalz.

Ignore this noob.

Active pickups are great for metal. Soul is a word that has no tangible physical property when applied to sound. You either like the way it sounds, or you don't, so do your research and find out if you like em.

Having said that there are plenty of passive pickups that are superb for metal too (I only have actives in one of my guitars...)

As for Bugeras not having "punch", complete BS. Yes, they are produced to tight costs. What does this mean to you the consumer? Very little, unless you throw your gear down sets of stairs on a daily basis or operate the control knobs with a hammer
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1282071

The pickup buying guide is stickied. Read through there and if you're still unsure then post in there. Reported for close.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
+1 to Wesbanez

Also, check these out: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Blackouts-AHB1-Humbucker-Set?sku=301007. Seymour Duncan Blackouts. The advantage of these over EMGs is that Blackouts cancel out the bad noise, like excessive hum, and allow you to play cleaner. So, whatever you're doing will sound exactly how you want it, in theory anyway. But I definitely prefer Blackouts to EMGs, EMGs are just too muddy. Blackouts are powerful as EMGs without any muddiness.

Quote by Mike-T93
Reported for close.
You do realize that the report button is only for spam, offensive things, flaming, etc., right? Not cuz you think this topic should be closed.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 12, 2010,