Quote by NGD1313
6.5/10

ezra pound did it better.

Quite arbitrary grading there. By the way, you will have to link me to the piece by Ezra Pound you are referring to.
Quote by NGD1313
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_a_Station_of_the_Metro

also, you're right, my mistake.

8.8/10

I thought you were referring to a piece by Pound that was also about a critic, so I was actually interested to read. I have read this poem before, but don't really see how the poem is related to this one. Pound focuses mainly on images, and the economic use of language to describe a scene and to make contrasts of perception. This poem is meant to be satirical. The only similarity between the two is that they are both very short.

I still don't understand the difference between a 6.5 and an 8.8/10 is, and what is the intrinsic difference between the two
Quote by Bleed Away
I thought you were referring to a piece by Pound that was also about a critic, so I was actually interested to read. I have read this poem before, but don't really see how the poem is related to this one. Pound focuses mainly on images, and the economic use of language to describe a scene and to make contrasts of perception. This poem is meant to be satirical. The only similarity between the two is that they are both very short.

I still don't understand the difference between a 6.5 and an 8.8/10 is, and what is the intrinsic difference between the two

i understand the differences, but they're both minimalist pieces. i find pound's far more engaging because he wrote a poem and not a punchline. the rating is arbitrary because this isn't something that can be critiqued.
Quote by NGD1313
i understand the differences, but they're both minimalist pieces. i find pound's far more engaging because he wrote a poem and not a punchline. the rating is arbitrary because this isn't something that can be critiqued.

Fair enough, I guess it reads more like a punchline because it was meant to be satire.
Thanks for reading at any rate.