Hey guys,

First, I'm not sure if this should go here, or in GG&A. But seeing as I am planning on building a pedalboard, lets put it here.

So my question for you guys today is: are there any other ways to attach pedals to a pedal board.

I understand most people use velcro but I am not to crazy about this idea. I just don't really like velcro and seeing as some of my pedals will be used "off board" as well as "on board" I foresee the velcro getting very dirty.

I was wondering about since most pedals have a metal bottom using magnets. However that would probably mess up the electronics in some way shape or form.

Also, it wouldn't just be for the pedals in my sig. My GAS has about a mile long list to get.

Anyways, just want your guys' opinions.

Thanks.
Strat Copy
Epi Les Paul Black Beauty
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

AB>Crybaby Standard>TU-3>DS-1>DS-2>ML-2>ZW-44>B.O.R.

EHX LPB-1>Phase 90>Milkshake Chorus

"Keep on rockin' in the free world"
Last edited by LesPaulGuy5544 at Sep 12, 2010,
Using a magnet will not mess up the electronics. If you want to use magnets to secure your pedals, this will work fine, provided all your pedals have ferrous metal bottoms.
It won't harm electronics but it may affect the sound. Also, some pedals aren't made of iron/steel, but aluminum or something similar so your magnets won't work on them.
Yeah that's what I figured. With a bunch of cables...magnets a few inches away...
Strat Copy
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

I never really have a problem with velcro on my board (I use pedals on and offboard as well), but if you can make magnets look neat and clean, then it'd work just fine

the only problem with using magnets inside the board is that if you get more pedals, the way you lay the pedals out could change and make the magnets less effective
Hmm, ok.

I would probably use individual magnets so it would all be (for lack of a better word) customizable. That is a good way to look at it.

Anyone else have any other ideas?
Strat Copy
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B