Hey guys,

I'm trying to real get the grasp on chord tone soloing, and I know my arpeggio shapes quite well, but I'm looking for some arpeggios sequencing drills or exercises through some progressions if you guys have any... or if you could help me create my own. Thanks!
Start with a simple progression like I IV V and aim for the chord tones as chords change.
Ok, but are there any specifics like "hit the closest note on beat 1 of the new chord" etc...
Quote by disuse
Ok, but are there any specifics like "hit the closest note on beat 1 of the new chord" etc...

Yeah it sounds good when the first note you play (with a new chord) is a strong note, or chord tone. Usually play either the 1 or the 5 on beat 1. Then you may want to play around the chord tones of that particular chord and when a new one comes up just repeat the same process. Of course this is easier said than done and there are a million ways to play around.

Just start simple and have fun and try to be aware of the notes you're hitting and what effect it has over the chord.