Hey guys, Ive got a new track on my profile that Id be interested in getting some critique on. Its called Walking Backwards, and was recorded on Garageband with my computer's built in microphone, so I apologize for quality issues :P

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Mr+Lincolnlogs/music/

Thank you for your input, cant wait to hear what you have to show me!
At first glance it reminds me of some sort of 70's intro to a Led Zeppelin song. The recording quality doesn't bother me too much. For a second it sounded like there was going to be singing, but then you changed your mind, which is unfortunate because I think vocals could really do this song good at this point. Oh, there's some vocals at 3:20, but I feel like it just sorta comes out of no where and is never really elaborated on. At the end the vocals sound really good. My only complaint would be that they should be brought in sooner and elaborated on more, because while this is a beautiful song, vocals would do it justice, and your voice is definitely good for it.

8/10

And thanks for the ciritique!
Too repetative, quality is good. But I can't call this guitar-oriented music, eventhough there's lots of guitar.

Did you autotune your vox????????? A rhethorical question I'd say...
Quote by Zeletros
Too repetative, quality is good. But I can't call this guitar-oriented music, eventhough there's lots of guitar.

Did you autotune your vox????????? A rhethorical question I'd say...

I wouldnt really call it guitar-oriented music either, to be honest.
And yes, the vocals are autotuned. I was messing around with effects, tried it, and liked the way it sounded. So I left it on.
I really like the guitar effects. They really establish the mood of the song. I think vocals throughout the song would be a benefit as opposed to only the short bursts of "Ahhhhs" that come in. To me it doesn't really hold my attention throughout and I think adding more vocals would solve this problem and keep the track interesting.

The playing and singing already present are very good. Basically my only complaint is lack of vocals. Keep up the good work.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
Omg this is so cool! I love your guitar tones and your overdubs. Very very beautiful. I like the stacked singing when it first comes in as well. This is just good chilling in deep thought music. Totally great job dude.
With the new additions there's not really anything I have to complain about. It's a great song. I really like the vocals on this. Good job brah. Keep it up.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
Sound quality was still good despite using the built-in microphone. This works well as an instrumental, so i don't think lyrics are necessary for it. (the current ones are more than ok IMO) Maybe just at some parts add a lead guitar (no need to be one going at 100mph), as some sections seems to be missing something.

I enjoyed it, great work !