I listened to all of "The Kev". The instrumentation is all really sweet: the guitar solo was pretty wicked, and everything else was a good jam. My only hang up is the vocals. On that song it sounded like you guys were going for some kind of Primus/Tommy the Cat thing, and it really didn't work. And from skimming through the rest of the songs, I can tell I don't really care for the vocals in any others. I would listen to your stuff if it was all instrumental, but it'd be really hard for me to get past the vocals if they were there.

EDIT: Also; on a side note, I thought the mixing and everything was pretty sweet. Judging from the tagline "low budget music" i expected a really shitty mix, and that was not the case!
Last edited by hildesaw at Sep 12, 2010,
Thanks man.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Hey man, I listened to the yoshi resistance. I actually quite liked it. There were notes off key every now and again, but generally I thought it was pretty chilled and cool.

Would love to hear it with a drummer and a singer.

Theres a harmony thing just kicked in too - I like that. OoOoOoO and now a solo.

Hahahaha . . . I like it a lot actually. I don't know why. Just seems really honest and down to earth. Cool playing man, Cool song construction too. I was going to say the only thing I'd change is the structure and have some different parts, but then a different part came on . . .

Like it =D

Check out my stuff if you want too www.myspace.com/violentkarmatheband its not as intense as your stuff, but you might get a kick out of it.
Thanks man, really aprecciat it.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
I really like it man.
Your bands pretty talented,
Singing ain't bad, Different.
Different is good, definately.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
REALLY,THANKS MAN! Thats a first. As long as we're not generic.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Wow, suprised on no post yet.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
No comments? Man, how long is it going to take.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Hey man, I'm listening to some of the songs right now. And I like the vocals they are different, and in a good way.
I'm listening to the Yoshi's Resistance right now, and I really like it. It's a great instrumental.
I really like your stuff dude, keep it up.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Christ Almighty. I was listening to The Yoshi's Resistance like I said, and it got near the... 3:40 mark I think? And it got loud all of a sudden and scared the living shit outta me.
Hahaha, just thought you should know.
It sounds really sick when it picks up. Like amazing. Just saying lol.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
So far, The Kev has been really cool!! Yoshi Resistance is really cool!! All of what I heard was really interesting and pretty unique sounding. This sounds well mixed for low budget recording. Good job.
Thanks Guys, really aprecciate it. You have no idea. Have you guys listened to no more heroes, shaggy or parrot kingdom? It's cool if you haven't or don't want to, it's just we keep getting comments on the same songs, which isn't a problem, it's just.... You know...
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
I'll check 'em out right now for ya.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
i liked kev except for the rapping. I like the singing a lot better on the stand off. I like the music on both. I like the lyrics too.
I listened to the rest, and no offense to you. But the lead guitar is a tad quiet, and also it seems sort of 'the same' in the songs. You have skill, but your work tends to sound the same a bit. Just constructive criticism. And don't worry, mine does too sometimes. You just need to assess the problem and kind of work 'out of the box' to get a cool idea which doesn't sound too similar.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Listed to The Kev. I like it dude! It reminds me of a band my friend is in but kind of has a funkier but also heavier thing to it. I do likes you guys!

Would you mind checking my band out ?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229978

My band might get a myspace soon, it would be sweet if we could be friends on there
My Gear
Guitars:
Encore E6 Blaster Series (My First Guitar, Great to learn on)
Jackson DK2S
Fender Squier Telecaster Custom
Amps:
BB10 10 Watt something or another...
60 Watt Marshall JCM 2000 TSL602
Effects:
Boss ME-50 Multi Effects Pedal
Quick question, Do you guys understand the lryics? If you guys want I'll post the lyrics if you can't underdstand them or just wantt to memorize, just comment on myspace or comment on my profile.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Coo.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Please leave comments.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Don't be a wuss, post some comments Bro-ham
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Listening to the Kev. I'm really digging it. Infectious groove, nice shreddy guitar (a bit sloppy at points, but otherwise very good!).

Skipping through the rest of the songs for now (but I'm sure I'll check them out fully now) I really like the overall grove of your band. Unpredicatable. Good guitar work.

I'm a fan!
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Thanks Man!
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Hmm, interesting. I like the Heavy guitars and solo's for sure. The clean stuff... you could turn the fx down a touch for my taste but i definatly like your stuff better than primus so for the love of jon keep it up.
really aprecciate it!
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
Comment baby, I dare you.
Big Boss=total badass
Solid Snake=total badass
Little Mac=total badass
Link=total badass
The kev is blowin my mind. musically. awesome.

The Stand Off reminds me of some of Fall of Troy's newer stuff.

Baller.
Oh, you DO want a free demo?