Does anyone know if i can use an mxr blue box on bass? or is bass + fuzz/-2 octaves too much for standard bass speakers?
The speakers wouldn't be able to reproduce a note 2 octaves lower than a low E as far as I know. It's too low for the human ear to pick up too.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
what about with the blend knob all the way to the right? Am i right in thinking this dials out the 2 octaves down(making it a standard fuzz pedal)?
Quote by danmanbass
what about with the blend knob all the way to the right? Am i right in thinking this dials out the 2 octaves down(making it a standard fuzz pedal)?

Please, just buy a standard fuzz.
aawwhh but i love the sound of the blue box on guitar and would love to use it on bass
Quote by danmanbass
aawwhh but i love the sound of the blue box on guitar and would love to use it on bass

'Fraid it isn't happening. If you turn the octave effect all one way then you'll just lose all the low end.
Even if you like it on guitar, I garuntee it'll sound different on bass.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Leave the dude alone, I happen to think it would sound killer on bass, and it would definitely not lose any low end. might sound fairly muffled on the lower end.

Would work very nicely in some doomy settings.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
If you don't crank the volume too much you're not going to damage anything.

If you have the pedal and a bass; by all means, give it a go.

I wouldn't expect it to sound any good though.
I've done this. It sounds great. It doesn't blend properly so the 2 suboctaves don't shred your speakers, it makes it sound really fuzzy. It's really fun to play with because it still oscillates too.
Ive tried it,and frankly, in my opinion, it sucked,really it did,and I like silly pedals, but this one, it's just bad on bass
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
If you're looking for a specific kind of 8-bit nintendo bass sound go for it. If you think the blue box is a flexable fuzz with a wide tonal range forget it.