Page 1 of 2
and inb4 futurama jokes, just think about it. what do you think the world will be like in another millenuim? Do you think the people living in 1000 could've ever imagined what we have today? will we have flying cars, living robots?

tell us your views!
Quote by Poglia
Destroyed. Humans will not last 1000 years.

This. The world will be broken.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Well I imagine it will look something like this:
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
where the hell is my hoverboard, science?

but yeah, I think we might progress that far. I wonder what'll happen to science fiction, though.
Quote by TomG10-7
This. The world will be broken.

+1, Humans will destroy themselves.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I'm not sure about the inhabitants, but I guess on large scale the earth will look vastly the same.
Humans will be enslaved by giraffes, which will incite the great Ostrich Wars.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Deserted, perhaps with primitive human settlements scattered across what few inhabitable areas remain.

No foundation in science or facts, that's just how I imagine it.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Poglia
Destroyed. Humans will not last 1000 years.

That's what they said 1000 years ago.

I naively believe that humans are intrinsically good (to an extent) and would prevent the annihilation of their own race. We were intelligent enough to harness quantities of energy that could destroy entire cities. I like to think that we won't be stupid enough to actually use it for destructive purposes.

I think in 1000 years, we will be a type 2 civiliation, colonising other planets in our solar system.
It will be a barren wasteland, overruled by giant Cockroaches, we, the Human race, will be enslaved to these roaches. We will build for them, construct their homes and buildings, fetch their food, do everything for them.

That is, until I figure out how to build my time machine..

EDIT:
Quote by gacharya
Humans will be enslaved by giraffes, which will incite the great Ostrich Wars.

Fool, he said in a THOUSAND years, not 500.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Sep 12, 2010,
Quote by vagelier
I'm not sure about the inhabitants, but I guess on large scale the earth will look vastly the same.

Well, won't LA will be north of San Francisco or some shit?
Quote by rgrockr
Well I imagine it will look something like this:

Change the oceans from Blue to dark green then you're spot on. Also get rid of the grassland. That will all be concrete.
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
i donno i foresee us failing to stop a zombie apocalypse cause people are too stupid to think beyond if a phone app can fix their problem
If this thread is any indication of the upcoming population I'd say it's full of negative nancies.

I'd say it's alot more inhabited, few areas will be untouched by mankind and we'll have synthesized everything (grass areas, food, entertainment, etc). Oh and we'll finally have ****ing hoverbikes.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

Awesome.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Anyone read the Dark Tower by Stephen King?

I imagine it will be like that... but without the magic...
Its changed so much in the last 1000 years, I cant imagine what it would look like in the next 1000 years.
Quote by halfj06
i donno i foresee us failing to stop a zombie apocalypse cause people are too stupid to think beyond if a phone app can fix their problem

i think you should lay off the phone usage too
Defiantly over. Some idiot religious extremist whether it be Christian , Muslim , some new shit that comes along will destroy the world. All it takes it one nuke to set off a series of revenge nukes then GG humans

Oh ... plus the Mayan Indians are going to come back with a fleet of spaceships lead by Tom Cruise and kill us all in 2012
" Recent researches showed that people in 1980-2100 listened to, and played, metal music and guitars. Like like, they had to .. play the guitar with their hands, and actually run a mp3 file with an audio media player to listen to it... olololol i mean they use their hands, come on, how lame is that ? "

Seriously, aliens will wait for the perfect opportunity : world war 3, and come invade earth. Thank god I won't be attending that

Ok seriously ? Give it another hundred years; complete ozone depletion, final stage of global warming, countries will be fighting over some new awesome power ( something way better than nuclear power ), famine and genocide will take of most of the poor small countries, and yes probably a third world war, and finally, the rise of the machines to annihilate the rest of humans ( ok the last one was a little ... )
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Quote by irweojhy903!ier
Defiantly over. Some idiot religious extremist whether it be Christian , Muslim , some new shit that comes along will destroy the world. All it takes it one nuke to set off a series of revenge nukes then GG humans

Oh ... plus the Mayan Indians are going to come back with a fleet of spaceships lead by Tom Cruise and kill us all in 2012

Oh silly person, you think Tom Cruise can be a leader?
I'd imagine it would be mostly barren, with all of the useful resources used up, and that most of the human population will have relocated to another livable planet.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
If you asked someone 1000 years ago what today would be like they wouldn't even know WTF electricity is. ****, they wouldn't even know about the planets in the solar system, the earth not being round, and the sun being the center of our galaxy... or what a galaxy is. The only thing that survived was Religion and Math and I'm pretty sure everybody hates them.

When you look at it like that do you think its even possible to accurately predict 1000 years in the future?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Last edited by Zombee at Sep 12, 2010,
Hopefully religion in all its forms will have gone away (hopefully!) and humans will have advanced cybernetic and cyborg technologies. We'll have found cures to lots of diseases such as cancer and diabetes (I hope so for the last one!).
Quote by neidnarb11890
Well, it's ending in 2, so I can't.

gtfo

Mormon's will rule the world like Christianity does now
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Page 1 of 2