Hi guys

I'm hoping someone can help with a contribution question I have. When you click to submit an article or a lesson, do you have the opportunity to review it again before it's final?

I would want to add audio tracks/embedded youtube video to my article at specific points on the page - that's why I ask.

Thanks
Your sig will have to be changed. Reported.

To answer your question - no.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by CBannerman
Done. What's the problem with my sig anyway? What are you allowed to do?

So back to topic - anyone?

Advertising isn't allowed to UG, except proper advertising where money changes hands with the UG Office etc.

Ok, now you're removed your sig and I know you're genuine, I'll answer your question.

In short - No, you can't edit it yourself.

However, you can make a post here and ask them if they can edit it for you.

Just remember to say what you want, where you want it and to leave a link to any Youtube videos.

RIP Tom Searle.
There's really no need to report me, it was an innocent mistake. I've taken it down; could you do me a favour and direct me to a thread which gives guidelines on signatures? I'm new to this part of UG.

So to go back to the question, are you saying that no, you can't review it? Is there by any chance a guide on here to the submission process including the correct way to input video etc?
Quote by CBannerman
There's really no need to report me, it was an innocent mistake. I've taken it down; could you do me a favour and direct me to a thread which gives guidelines on signatures? I'm new to this part of UG.

Well, understand that a LOT of spambots with advertising signatures make threads / posts in this forum, and never come online again. You have a new join date and you had advertising in your sig. Surely you can understand my thoughts?

From the Rules:

NO ADVERTISING - You may not post links to other sites with forums (in your posts/signature/user title/location/etc) or send private messages to other users which contain links to other sites with forums, unless those users have specifically asked for a link. - This does not include linking to sites that are relevant to a particular discussion. Punishment: People who have signed up to UG specifically to advertise another site will receive a Permanent Ban. Users who have posted an advertising link in a post/signature/etc will be asked to remove it (you may receive a temporary Ban which will be lifted after you agree to remove the link from your signature/location/user title).

Quote by CBannerman
So to go back to the question, are you saying that no, you can't review it? Is there by any chance a guide on here to the submission process including the correct way to input video etc?

I can't find a guide, no.

I think you'd be ok if you pasted the Youtube Embed code in brackets in the submission in brackets.

e.g:

Paragraph 1
( www.youtube.com/whateverthelinkcodeis )

Paragraph 2

Etc

But to edit an existing article, make a thread where I suggested in an earlier post.
RIP Tom Searle.
MH400 - Thanks for the link to that thread. That seems to have the info I'm looking for.

Colohue - Thanks also for the HTML link. I'm not saying there's something there to suggest the submission page is not final, if that's what you mean? I wasn't saying that, I was simply asking a question which occurred to me.