I can't remember the price for them, but look into the Planet Waves instrument cables. They have a lifetime warranty so its worth paying a little more for them (even though they really aren't expensive, only like £15). I've had one replaced no problem, and then I later found out that there was actually nothing wrong with it.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Cables aren't something you should skimp on, step on a cheap cable and it breaks mid-set you're stuffed.

To prevent this, thread the cable over your strap button. That way you're less likely to step on it.
Or, the price you pay for a good set of cables, could be changed by buying a wireless system, which gives you even more freedom?

But, yeah, planet waves are decent enough, I guess.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I guess not everyone is constantly running over their cables with a desk chair while practising.

HIGH FIVE

I'm always doing that

Look at the link I gave you earlier, that one will do perfectly.
Last edited by Lr-Mtb at Sep 12, 2010,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Cables aren't something you should skimp on, step on a cheap cable and it breaks mid-set you're stuffed.

+1 for Planet Waves, they do not break and they're very good quality and value. By the time you've got through 3 cheap no name brand ones you could've bought 1 good quality one anyway.

This, buy a £15 cable that will last 4 years as opposed to 8 £5 shit cables over the same length of time.

Planet Waves, bought a 3m gold tipped cable in 2006, lasted me all the way until this summer when I lost it at a gig, but it was worn out anyway. I managed to pick up a 10ft Planet Waves cable with gold tipped ends, one of them angled with a killswitch button at half price for £25.
That will last me for at least 3 or 4 years no problem.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
I guess not everyone is constantly running over their cables with a desk chair while practising.

Also this, **** those wheels!!!
Last edited by GezzyDiversion at Sep 12, 2010,
award session/cleartone or kabl would fit the bill for decent quality combined with value... planet waves is very mediocre, in my opinion, and not exactly cheap considering its mediocrity.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^+1. I haven't tried kabl, but Award Session/Cleartone cables are good value, and at least as good as Planet Waves.
i haven't tried kabl either, but i hear good things, and they didn't completely commit PR suicide on musicradar, lol. I think they've switched to van damme cable now too, so they should be pretty much the same as award session.

and yeah, my cleartones annihilated my planet waves ones for like half the price (if not less), it was embarrassing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?