I have about 600$ to spend on a bass and these are two options:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Spector-Legend-Classic-5String-Bass?sku=517436
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Rockbass-Streamer-LX-5String-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=621128

As you can see, I'm looking for a five string. I HAVE tried both in a store and both feel great to me. Also, do you guys think this will be a good bass? http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Jaguar-Bass?sku=430661
I'd go with the Spector, but that's just because I've always felt that Rockbass's feel kind of meh, and that if you're going to buy a Warwick, get a real Warwick. They're both decent basses though, you can't go wrong with either of them. As for the Jag, it looks like a good entry-level bass, or it would be a fun bass to mod.

Might I suggest that you save up a bit more money, if you save up $700-$800, you could look at used 5 string Spector Rebops or Warwick Corvettes, both of which would be much better than the Legend or the Rockbass.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I agree with Tostitos you should just save up and get a Corvette or Rebops. I'd pick the Warwick though just because I like Warwicks a little more than Spectors.
I have a warwick, and love it, but sometimes I have doubts about whether or not I should have gotten a spector instead.

I got mine used on ebay for $600 though, so I'm perfectly content.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Actually that Squier is probably on par with both the Spector and Warwick on terms of quality (*flameshield engage*)

As much as I don't really like fender basses, for the price the Squier VM's are about as legit as it gets...Don't get me wrong the Spector and Warwick are still good basses for the price I just always find my self comparing up to the next in series which in the Spector and Warwicks case is a $1500 bass where as after the VM's you go up to the MIM Fender's which IMO are actually worse than the Squiers. And plus you're not really paying as much for a name on the Squiers as you are the other basses

/rant

As for which you should buy, I have the Spector (6 string version) and it's a great bass, granted a few things that need fixed from the factory (some shoddy electrical work and a poor setup) but an easy enough fix. The pickups are pretty full sounding and you can get a moderately broad range of tones. Only other complaints would be I wish it had a little more output (I have to really adjust amp volume when switching basses) and a mid control.

For the 'Wick, the only rockbass I've played was the $$ so I can't comment on that ones tone but I imagine you'll get a pretty basic jazz bass tone out of it. Reason why I wouldn't get it: Cut out is at 21st fret (awkward hand positions when playing on top frets), I'm not a big fan of straight jazz pups (though you maybe), and finally it's only a 34" scale (regular tuning you'll be fine but I always drop tune and I hate having monster string gauges)

My vote swings Spector but I agree with saving and buying used
I used to own a Spector Legend 6 and it was the most dull sounding instrument I've ever played.

I've never played the Rockbass line of Warwicks though so I can't compare them.
Quote by JacoVictorKing
I have about 600$ to spend on a bass and these are two options:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Spector-Legend-Classic-5String-Bass?sku=517436
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Rockbass-Streamer-LX-5String-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=621128

As you can see, I'm looking for a five string. I HAVE tried both in a store and both feel great to me. Also, do you guys think this will be a good bass? http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Jaguar-Bass?sku=430661

Hmm you said you tried both in store. You liked the feel of both but how did you liek the sound of both?
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I own a fretless Warwick Corvette Std. and I would not give it up for any other bass. Regardless i spent a grand on it, but it was well worth it. I haven't tried any other kind of warwick but the corvette is always a good choice.
Never get a rockbass.. Get a Warwick corvette standard used.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
I would suggest the Spector over a warwick rockbass. Why not just save up the extra $500/$600 and just get a corvette standard.
I've seen Rebops go for just a little over your budget on US ebay, I'd say go that route. Spector's are brilliant basses but for some reason don't hold their value very well from the new purchase price.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Spector \m/

I can't say this enough i think. Spector is compared to the warwick warwick and not to the warwick rockbass's like the one you have there.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Haha i want both brands but I agree with those saying get a Spector over a rockbass. It's also easier to find a Spector used than a Warwick. If you can get a Warwick corvette standard that's not a rockbass that would be my choice. Look on craigslist and eBay as I have seen Warwick corvette standards on there that run in your price range. Just know the difference between rockbasses and the standards

Guitarist for 11+ years
Bassist for 6+ years
Drummer for 5+ months

PSN account - DeadAimHeadshot