So at the moment I have an mxr analog delay and a rocktron wah pedal. Since coming to college I've really felt the need to get good tone from a pedal board instead of my bugera 333xl, since I can't really take it with me. (As tempted as I am).

I'm thinking about investing in the following pedals, lemme know what you think:
MXR compressor
BBE sonic stomp (for electric guitar)
and/or Aphex Xciter (for acoustic guitar)
Ibanez Tube Screamer ts808
or Zakk wydle overdrive
small clone chorus

or something like that.
the dyna comp is just a ross clone, and not a very good one. DIY for cheap.
the BBE is great, no sense in buying the aphex (or vice versa, but I suggest the BBE, USED)
there's a world of great ODs, the 808 being one of them, the ZW not so much. fulltone OCD? or, again, DIY OCD clone for cheap.
small clone's a winner if you're into chorus. i like the clone theory too, but most prefer the SC out of the two.
good tone comes from a good player. what kind of guitar are you using? buying all those pedals is not going to instantly make you sound better.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Look at the MXR M148 Micro Chorus 80's reissue it is full analog and true bypass. It eats the Small Clone for breakfast on clean or overdrive. To me the Small Clone sounds digital when put next to the MXR and with distortion or overdrive the Clone sounds like sh&*t IMO whereas the MXR sounds sweet and on clean it is just as sweet. Definitely the best no frills chorus I ever used in forever.

i personally hate the small clone. it is way too digital, and all it does are like the nirvana chours type tones. maybe you like it, but it is not for me.

i have an 80's MXR chorus that is amazing. if there is a clone out i would pick one up, if it wasn't bad.

i also picked up a cheap Guyatone analog chours that wasn't bad. i am probably selling it though, as i found the MXR burried in my studio after i bought the guyatone because i thought i had sold the MXR.

the bbe sonic stomp is solid and wellbuilt and sounds good, butyou will get sick of the tone eventually, and FYI, it doesn't cut through the mix well.

if you are looking for a OD, i suggest the BBE green screamer, it sounds great (to me better than most 808 type tubescreamers) and you can find them new with warranty on the bay for ~$60.

-----------------

what amp are you playing thourgh?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well if it comes from a good player I guess i'm screwed, lol.
I have a few guitars i switch through. An old usa made peavy i picked up and re-did just about everything on with dragonfire pickups in. I have an ml I build with d activator x's in them. Then I have a vmntx, washburn stealth, and a epiphone explorer.
I play a little more than metal though, which my guitars may not suggest.
Quote by s3r3nitys33k3r3
Well if it comes from a good player I guess i'm screwed, lol.
I have a few guitars i switch through. An old usa made peavy i picked up and re-did just about everything on with dragonfire pickups in. I have an ml I build with d activator x's in them. Then I have a vmntx, washburn stealth, and a epiphone explorer.
I play a little more than metal though, which my guitars may not suggest.

do you know if the amp is tube or not? because that will make a difference on overdrive...

you may want to read my response as i assume we were typing at the same time.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by WtrPlyr
It's the other way around

yes and no.
Ross has a VERY old version that MXR basically ripped off the schematic from and made a smarter layout, then the later Ross Comp used almost the exact same layout and added in all their extra bypass circuits.

and just some FYI for the TS, the Ross comp is generally precieved as filtering out more highs than the Dyna... this isn't scientifically true, but it seems that way to the human ear. Hammer has some great mods for the Ross to 'correct' this. Also, R.G. Keen (father of the Mil Bypass) has a great and easy to do mod to mitigate the popping when switching on a true bypass circuit... applies directly to the Ross/Dyna layout.

TS, it really is an easy build and will let you (1) learn more about FX and what's in them, (2) let you hand select your components - so you can be cheaper or better than one off the shelf, and (3) did I mention you can make it either cheaper or better (sometimes BOTH) than one bought from a store?
Quote by Way Cool JR.
It could be that I just woke up but I'm confused. Are you agreeing with me or not agreeing?

I did say I love the MXR Micro Chorus and yes they have a new reissue out by MXR that is Identical to the original 80's. When I mention Clone I am just saying for short about the EHX Small Clone that I dis like. I guess I could have been confusing the way I word stuff LOL.

when i meant clone, i was referring to a pedal being cloned by another company as identical pedal or reissue.

as BYOC has a clone of ___________ (being same thing less money, or this is a clone of a vintage fuzz face, being same circuitry.

i was not referring to the EHX small clone.

sorry for the confsion.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!